Aircraft Inspector Featured
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Job ID
Aircraft Inspector job at Embraer in Nashville TN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Inspects and determines airworthiness of aircraft aircraft systems equipment and parts in compliance with specifications and applicable government regulations. Performs heavy maintenance checks line checks back shop and airframe component shop inspections. Ensures that all inspection forms are accurately completed. Works from approved manufacturing drawings and technical data Customer Engineering Orders/Authorizations FAA Regulations or other regulatory specifications.
- Verifies proper documentation of discrepancies on appropriate forms work orders tags or aircraft logs.
- Ensures technicians are aware of RII requirements for task being performed.
- Performs receiving inspections on incoming aircraft engines propellers accessories components and materials.
- Performs shelf life inspections of materials used and verifies equipment and tooling serviceability during the repair process.
- Provides technical assistance for the proper application of technical data.
- Complies with repair station procedures and company policies and procedures.
- Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with control processes.
- Ensures that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work in accordance with internal procedures customer and FAA requirements.
- Ensures his/her training requirements are current according to company and customer requirements. Advises
- Performs review inspections on aircraft and components to monitor the quality of work performed and the adequacy of standards and equipment.
- Performs occasional/random work package audits to ensure that documentation is maintained in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Performs “self-audits” of internal quality systems and audits at the request of the customer.
- Assists the Lead or Chief Inspector in analyzing and interpreting quality data in order to develop methods procedures and systems to improve the Quality Assurance functions.
- Performs special assignments and projects as directed by the Lead or Chief Inspector.
- Ensures a turnover is accomplished with the on-coming shift lead inspector or Chief Inspector.
- Fosters a safe working environment.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School/ GED required. Desired: A.S. degree in Aviation
- AP License.
- Generally at least 5-7 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Required: Valid AP license with 3 years documented aviation maintenance experience (military or similar).
- Prior Inspector work experience with aerospace quality systems that meet FAA requirements.
- Experience working with and interpreting precision measurement instruments.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Assignments require Comprehensive Knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities within their Technical Area.
- Skills are broadly applied in multiple Technical Areas.
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their uses repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skilled with repairing troubleshooting installing and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures.
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions; ability to inspect and install parts/components.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Requires a professional working relationship with management co-workers and customers.
- Ability to work flexible hours overtime and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
- Must be able to work in hot/cold – indoor/outdoor.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to do work above head.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to climb.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Area: Customer Support
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.