Material Purchasing Specialist Featured
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Job ID
Material Purchasing Specialist job at Embraer in Nashville TN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Purchases materials or other goods and/or coordinates activities involved with procuring products and services such as raw materials equipment tools parts and supplies. Receives and reviews requisitions requesting goods or services. Interviews and confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price availability and delivery schedule.
- Manage the procurement cycle from purchase order to payment of invoice.
- Coordinate with production completion and repair departments to set priorities and time-lines.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms.
- Negotiate and manage lead times.
- Manage vendor relationships and performance issues.
- Control costs and perform price analysis.
- Maintain accuracy of purchasing documents and data.
- Be aware of and follow all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations hazardous materials requirements Embraer policies and procedures.
- Assist with maintenance of contracts data base and special terms documents
- Assist in special projects including large RFPs process improvement projects and cross-departmental initiatives
- Enforce Procurement Policy and Guidelines across the U.S
- Provide data and recommendations to ensure informed selection decisions and develop and administer agreements and statements of work in collaboration with business and legal department
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School/ GED
- B.A. Business Administration preferred
- Minimum 3-5 experience in a purchasing/ procurement role in a Military Aerospace/Manufacturing environment preferred
- Preferably 1+ years experience in preparation of RFQ/RFPs negotiation follow-up and control of commercial proposals.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures and common aviation terminology.
- Knowledge of storeroom and inventory management.
- Proficient with Excel and Word.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Commercial proposals and follow-up techniques
- Strong time management prioritization and organizational skills
- MS Office (Word Excel Power Point)Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Professionalism and detailed oriented
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
- After hours/weekend on call duties as assigned
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.
Area: Customer Support
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.