Senior Accountant Cpa Preferred Featured
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
Senior Accountant Cpa Preferred job at Embraer in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
General accounting functions and analyzing financial transactions across multiple entities and systems. Ensure compliance with corporate policies legal requirements and tax regulations. Assist with recurring external and internal audits and the execution of internal controls. Preparation of the quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Participate and execute the month quarter and year-end close activities including general ledger analysis and reconciliations.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Plan and execute the annual operating plan including monthly and interim forecasting and variance analysis.
- Assists in preparing and reviewing entries and updates to the general ledger for posting.
- Oversee reconciliations of accounts and controls surrounding the reconciliations.
- Assists in compiling data for preparation of accounting and audit reports.
- Assist in the coordination of recurring external and internal audits.
- Prepare monthly schedules for financial report packages.
- Develop complex spreadsheet models to analyze and deliver business insights.
- Create and maintain updated work instructions and process documentation.
- Prepare operational reports trends costs revenues financial commitment and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Present reports and analysis to drive business profitability and process excellence.
- Oversee SOX controls manage and execute SOX testing procedures.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- B.A. degree in Accounting CPA strongly preferred.
- Experience with a large CPA firm preferred.
- FLSA Exempt Senior Level Individual Contributor on a functional group.
- Generally 4-10 years of experience in a specialized functional discipline.
- Manufacturing and inventory experience a plus
- Experience with large ERP software SAP and Quantum a plus
- Big 4 experience preferred
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Comprehension understanding and execution of broad practices associated within the field assigned and related fields.
- Applies these understandings in the completion of complex work assignments.
- Role requires application of advanced skills attained via greater years of experience towards solving complex issues and problems.
- May act as Project Representative from immediate group they are assigned to in the resolution of problems/issues encountered across multiple functions which require a coordinated response.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to support large transformational projects driving excellence through process improvement.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to manage and communicate information at different levels.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Effective conflict and change management.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize numerous critical tasks.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding SOX OSHA EPA State and/or Federal regulations.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.