- Prescott, Arizona
- Job ID
Avionics job at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott AZ
Description, duties, responsibilities
Accomplish Avionics System Support for the University Flight School Aircraft in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations and highest industry standards.
- Perform avionics systems and component inspections test troubleshooting adjustment or repairs of avionics equipment such as instruments radio navigation electrical and electronic components and autopilot control systems in our fleet of Cessna 172s and Diamond DA42NG aircraft.
a. Minimal oversight by management senior technicians and mentors providing guidance and ensuring ERAU standards are met.
b. Accomplish Scheduled Avionics inspections and quickly respond to unscheduled avionics maintenance requirements.
c. Support and assist the Avionics Lead Technician in the accomplishment of the overall maintenance effort.
d. Report defective shop equipment or equipment requiring certification to the Lead Technician.
e. Complete all necessary entries in appropriate maintenance forms work orders internal inspection forms malfunction and defect reports and aircraft logbooks while under supervision.
f. Be thoroughly familiar with the requirements of the FAA approved inspection program FAA regulations pertaining to aircraft maintenance airworthiness directives advisory circular manufacturers service bulletins and engineering orders/drawings as required.
Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems. 25%
- Present and maintain a positive professional image to our Students Instructor Pilots Flight Supervisors and other University Departments
High school or equivalent plus 1-3 years related experience.
- Garmin G1000 glass cockpit experience preferred
- Analytical skills with a working knowledge of applications such as Excel Word Outlook/Email Maintenance tracking programs and Internet End-User applications.
- Must be able to read and Interpret online technical maintenance manuals parts manuals and technical service orders
- Basic PC Software Skills (e.g. spreadsheet word processing and database etc.)
- Must meet the requirements for an FAA aircraft repairman certificate pursuant to Sec. 65.101
- Excellent communication skills required.
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.