Gnc Flight Software Engineer Featured
- Houston, Texas
- Job ID
Gnc Flight Software Engineer job at Engineering Research in Houston TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
We need your commitment teamwork and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe.
We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision shape and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC) to be part of every human spaceflight program the International Space Station (ISS) NASA s Orion spacecraft which will carry astronauts into deep space and Gateway the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon s surface and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions to perform curation services orbital debris analysis and basic research to further humankind s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
What you ll do all day:
- Use aerospace experience to perform classical hand stress analysis finite element stress analysis and fracture analysis of mechanisms and other structures.
- Create Free Body Diagrams of mechanism and understand load paths.
- Be familiar with NASA standards and requirements for structural analysis including Fracture Control requirements.
- Be proficient in the use of finite element modeling techniques.
- Prepare structural analysis reports and work with other engineers to find resolutions to problems.
- Import existing NASTRAN models and/or create FEA models from CAD and perform analysis using FEA.
- Perform non-linear analysis as required be familiar with FEA non-linear analysis (material non-linearity as well as geometric/contact non-linearity).
- Support weekly tag-ups and provide status.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidates experience requirements and business needs we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Experience using NX/NASTRAN or MSC/NASTRAN.
- Experience using FEMAP or PATRAN for pre/post processing FEA.
- Familiarity with desktop software applications MS Office is required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
- Expertise in FEA and Structural Analysis.
- Previous NASA flight hardware experience.
- Knowledge of NASA standards and requirements for space flight hardware.
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule
Engineering Research Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.