Flight Dispatcher Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $25.00
- Job ID
Flight Dispatcher job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
Under general supervision, assists with activities associated with scheduling and dispatching 14 CFR Part 121 flights. Monitor other company assets for Everts Air Cargo and Everts Air Fuel. The Flight Follower Assistant position is an entry level position for applicants who do not possess an aircraft dispatcher certificate yet but want to obtain one within one year of employment. Everts Air Cargo operates in Alaska, the Contiguous United States, Canada, and Central/South America/Caribbean in cargo and passenger operations.
Ensure safety of flight while performing the following duties:
- Exercise operational control authority in conjunction with the Pilot in Command (PIC) for the safe and efficient operation of flights in accordance with FAA regulations and company policy.
- Must have a complete understanding of the company procedures, limitations, and directives applicable to the rules of 14 CFR Part 121 and company Operation Specifications.
- Review, analyze and monitor present and forecast weather conditions, including but not limited to NOTAMs, PIREPs, TFRs and runway conditions.
- Produce computerized flight plans using MS Excel and Navblue Flight Planning for all company aircraft (C-46, DC-6, DC-9, MD-82/83, B-727, and B-757)
- Communicate using telephone, cell phone, email, company radio networks, ARINC, and other means.
- Monitor the progress of each flight and immediately report any overdue aircraft.
- Update SkedFlex operations management software with flight and crew movements and schedule changes
- Provide the PIC with all applicable information for the safe conduct of flight.
- Capable of determining the maintenance status and capability of company aircraft, which includes:
- Weight and Balance procedures as described in that chapter of the Aircraft Operating Manual
- Runway analysis review as contained in that section of the Airport Analysis Manual
- Aircraft performance information as described in that chapter of the Aircraft Operating Manual
- Respond to interruptions in service with recommendations and notifications as appropriate.
- Manage and coordinate the execution of the daily schedule. Control the process and personnel to manage real-time operational decisions.
- Monitor and ensure flight crewmembers are scheduled in accordance with flight and duty time regulations, including provisions of 14 CFR Part 117 and 121.
- Responsible for crewmember selection, scheduling, and notification.
- Assist with flight crewmember travel and hotel arrangements after normal business hours and in the absence of the Travel Department.
- Responsible for accurate reporting of crewmember flight times to payroll.
- Initiate emergency response procedures as required by the company Emergency Response Plan.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Position requires 40 hours of classroom training with successful completion of ground school.
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills and excellent telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated interest in aviation.
- Must be computer savvy; be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Email, PowerPoint, etc.
- Passionate attention to detail.
- Have strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Requires a great deal of coordination among many departments.
- Must be flexible, willing to work various hours including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime. Everts Air Cargo operates 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Must be able to multitask effectively in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Must be diplomatic, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Function in a high stress environment and work well under pressure.
- Strong math background and perform mathematical computations using decimals and hours and minutes and converting from one to the other.
- Have a good grasp of Alaska geography. Know or be able to learn ICAO airport identifiers.
- Be a self-starter with initiative.
- Valid Driver's License
- Associate degree or higher in aviation related field.
- Pilot certificate with instrument rating or air traffic control background.
- FAA Aircraft Dispatcher certificate or ATP.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
- Paid Holidays
Compensation $25.00 p/hr with NO FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate or ATP
$27.00 p/hr WITH an FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate or ATP
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 436625346
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.