Maintenance Controller Featured
- Palmer, Alaska
- Hourly $34.00
- Job ID
Maintenance Controller job at Everts Air Cargo in Palmer AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Maintenance Controller is responsible to the Maintenance Control Supervisor for managing mechanical irregularities. Maintenance Control will work with Maintenance Leadership, A&P Mechanics, Maintenance Planning, and Flight Control to coordinate the scheduled workload for all maintenance bases. Maintenance Control maintains constant awareness of aircraft operational requirements and essential maintenance required for the continued airworthiness of aircraft. Maintenance Control will know the airworthiness condition of all aircraft at all times, and will drive, and monitor all current maintenance activities. Maintenance Control is the primary interface between Maintenance, Operations, and Flight Control to provide updates on aircraft status and coordinate aircraft availability based on maintenance schedules and demands.
Compensation: $34.00 p/hr
Requisition ID: 486941610
- Ensure that mechanical delays that may occur are handled in a safe and expeditious manner in accordance with Everts Air’s General Maintenance Manual, and that proactive, thorough and timely communication with all interface departments is accomplished.
- Coordinate with Flight Control, and Maintenance, as required, to allow appropriate forecasting and planning to occur and to expedite aircraft return to service. Be always available via desk top camera to engage with interface departments, mechanics, and leadership.
- Control and track all Deferred Maintenance Items, following up with stations, as applicable. Ensure all deferrals are accomplished in accordance with company manuals and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Complete and distribute all applicable forms and documents in accordance with procedures set forth in company General Maintenance Manual.
- Prioritize work that requires immediate action and be able to separate and parse out which can wait until operational demand is reduced.
- Prioritize AOG Parts and equipment tracking and communication from the time they depart origin to receipt at destination aircraft.
- Update the Mx Status Board for all aircraft. Update real time tracking log.
- Continually review the MEL for all fleet types and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Ensure that the quality of work performed by company mechanics and on-call maintenance providers is consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Manage recovery efforts for abnormal/unscheduled maintenance operations.
- Complete all required training for duties as a Maintenance Controller. Maintain currency in all required training.
- Monitor and report to Chief Inspector all maintenance and flight crew reports for items that require Service Difficulty Reports. (14 CFR 121.703)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Maintenance Program in all its applications, routine, and non-routine maintenance, and alert the Director of Maintenance and the Chief Inspector of program defects and deficiencies.
- Must have the ability to work a 4-10 or 5-8 work shift. Shift will be identified well in advance with the intent of being a set schedule for a period of time.
- Must have the ability to travel on company business for the purpose of training, staff and facility familiarization and station awareness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required/Preferred Experience, Education & Skills
- Requires associate degree in aviation maintenance, or equivalent level of training.
- Requires an aviation maintenance background with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in aircraft troubleshooting; performing line maintenance; technical manuals, forms, and Airworthiness Directives; aircraft dispatch requirements; and aircraft systems training.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
- Requires proficient computer skills.
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at .
Maintenance Controller Anchorage AK
Aircraft Maintenance Inspector Fairbanks AK
Maintenance Foreman Fairbanks AK
Building Maintenance Supervisor Fairbanks AK
Maintenance Supervisor Laredo TX
Safety Coordinator Anchorage AK
Assistant Director of Operations Fairbanks AK
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 125 Fairbanks AK
Cargo Load Master Anchorage AK
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Job Feed
- News Feed