- Laredo, Texas
- Annual Salary $68,000.00
- Job ID
Flight Mechanic job at Everts Air Cargo in Laredo TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
Act as the primary mechanic for assigned aircraft, while in the air and on the ground. Oversee and perform all daily aircraft maintenance responsibilities as directed; receive incoming aircraft; screen Flight Logs for entries; and implement corrective actions as required. Review and report items under Mechanical Reliability Report procedures. Review DMI log and affect corrective action on all discrepancies as required by FARs, and as parts and time permit.
- Ensure the continued airworthiness of company aircraft at all times in accordance with the FARs and provisions of company maintenance manuals. Identify and examine any condition affecting airworthiness. Report the situation to Flight Mechanic Supervisor, Flight Control, and Maintenance Control; then correct prior to next flight. Coordinate with Flight Mechanic Supervisor, Assistant Director of Maintenance, Maintenance Control, and Flight Control as necessary. At all times, protect the best interest of the company and its property.
- Perform maintenance and inspections on company aircraft. Ensure proper references, maintenance manuals, forms, and records are in use, in accordance with all FARs, and processed appropriately. Supervise and direct non-certificated mechanics.
- Ensure all precision tools, measuring devices, and test equipment have been calibrated and do not exceed calibration due time. Proactively calibrate and service all tools.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant License
- Valid United States Passport
- 3 years proven line maintenance experience (DC-9/MD-80 aircraft or similar type aircraft is preferred)
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of employment, including file and record maintenance
- A willingness to conduct activities in accordance with company practices and supporting goals
- Knowledge of technology used for training purposes or possess an interest in learning the technological methods used in training
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance
- Manual dexterity to assemble and dissemble intricate assemblies
- Effective time management skills
- The ability to work independently and be responsible for complex assignments
- Excellent writing, communication, and information retention skills
- The ability to work in extreme weather conditions
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation $68,000 annually
Requisition ID 403056087
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at .
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.