- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $23.00
- Job ID
Refueler job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
1. Drive a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 GVW, to transport and deliver fuel.
2. Follow appropriate safety procedures when transporting dangerous goods.
3. Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
4. Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
5. Complete meter tickets when loads are delivered.
6. Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
7. Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
8. Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
9. Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
10. Read and interpret maps in order to determine vehicle routes.
11. Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air and electrical lines, and manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
12. Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
13. Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes, in order to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
14. Operate equipment such as CB radios, and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
15. Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
16. Crank trailer landing gear up and down to safely secure vehicles.
17. Climb ladders to inspect loads after loading is complete, in order to ensure that cargo is secure.
18. Install and remove special equipment such as tire chains.
19. Collaborate with other drivers as part of a driving team on some trips.
20. Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires and installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
21. Monitor process indicators, instruments, gauges, and meters in order to detect and report any possible problems.
22. Read automatic gauges at specified intervals to determine the flow rate of oil into or from tanks, and the amount of oil in tanks.
23. Start pumps and open valves or use automated equipment to regulate the flow of oil in pipelines and into and out of tanks.
24. Conduct general housekeeping of units, including wiping up oil spills and performing general cleaning duties.
25. Maintain and repair equipment, or report malfunctioning equipment to supervisors so that repairs can be scheduled.
26. Prepare calculations for receipts and deliveries of oil and oil products.
1. Commercial drivers' license with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements.
2. Requires the ability to coordinate with and work for a variety of personnel and must be selfmotivated,
organized, and comfortable with frequent change.
3. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
4. Requires ability to frequently climb ladders and pull hoses of weights of 60 lb or more.
5. Knowledge of fueling operations and delivery procedures.
6. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.