Assistant Director of Operations Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Annual Salary $110,000.00
- Job ID
Assistant Director of Operations job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
The Assistant Director of Operations has the authority to perform all duties of the Director of Operations as assigned. This individual will have a full understanding of the SMS, 14 CFR Chapter 1, 5, 61, 91, 117, 120, 120, Op Specs, and all company manuals. Directs and assists personnel under the supervision of the Director of Operations and assists with the formulation of company policies, procedures, instructions, and information.
- Assists with the scheduling of aircraft and crew availability and flights, including coordination of scheduling the aircraft for required inspections. Coordinates with the Director of Maintenance the timely correction of mechanical irregularities and discrepancies.
- Supervise, direct, hire, train, discipline, and coach all flight personnel consistent with company policy.
- Maintain management operational control of company aircraft as required.
- Monitor flights from origin to arrival at its destination including all stops and diversions including mechanical delays when assigned management operational control duties.
- Comply with 14 CFR Part 121 Operating Certificate, operational specifications, and company manual system.
- Recommends revisions to GOM as needed. Ensures Operations Bulletin inclusion in GOM Revisions. Receives confirmation from the FAA that the revisions are acceptable and then distributes those revisions to all manual holders.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Must hold an airline transport pilot certificate
- Able to coordinate with and work for a variety of Management personnel and must be self-motivated, organized, and comfortable with frequent change.
- Able to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
- Demonstrates a high level of organizational skills, attention to detail, and record keeping skills and also the ability to maintain current and updated information.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet operational needs.
- Must have at least 3 years of Supervisory or Managerial experience within the last 6 years in a position that has exercised operational control over any operations conducted with large airplanes under part 121 or part 135.
- ATP with a minimum of 3 years and 3,000 hours Pilot-in-Command (PIC) on multi-engine aircraft, preferably on the turbine powered large transport airplanes.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting $110,000 annually
Requisition ID 403086977
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.