Traffic & Load Control Supervisor Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $22.00
- Job ID
Traffic Load Control Supervisor job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Traffic and Load Control Supervisor is responsible for maximizing the lift capability and air services Everts Air provides by coordinating aircraft, routings, payloads and customer needs, based on mail and freight volumes. This position is also responsible for coordinating all charter flights and special shipments, conducting audits and ensuring on time departures. In ensuring the success of each flight, the Traffic Coordinator acts as the liaison between Cargo, Maintenance departments Flight Control, Crew Scheduling, Load Control, Sales and Charter Customers.
1. Communicates with supervisor and members of other departments to ensure that interdepartmental interfaces regarding traffic assignment, economic ramifications, productivity and SMS accountability are being addressed and communicated to the Director of Operations.
2. Facilitates daily and future operations planning and implementation with Line Facilities, Flight Control, Load Control, Cargo, Crew Scheduling, Maintenance Control and Safety. Provide a timely coordinated assessment for the Director of Operations to execute time-sensitive decisions.
3. Aircraft scheduling to include determining aircraft type, flight routing, and departure times.
4. Ensure load control adherence to maximum loading, coordination of special items such as oversized, live animals, perishables and monitoring freight/mail movement for safe handling & timeliness.
5. Responsible for coordination and following through with all charters, reroutes and fish shipments.
6. Monitor the progress of each flight and ensure that all communications and ground handling services are in place, including but not limited to deicing, fueling, air stairs, load/offload equipment, communications equipment for flight paperwork, and any other tools to accomplish the task.
7. Assess the maintenance status and capability of company aircraft, which includes:
a. Ensuring the maximum utilization of aircraft and flights through review of fuel loads, alternates, weather, etc.
b. Reviewing runway analysis data as contained in the Airport Analysis Manual
c. Reviewing aircraft performance information as described in the Aircraft Operating Manual
8. Track and respond to interruptions in service with notifications and recommendations as appropriate.
9. Ensure compliance with the USPS 508 Manual; monitor the movement of mail to ensure on time delivery and handling while minimizing transportation costs.
10. Conduct SMS audits as required.
11. Develop and maintain excellent communication and cooperation with all Everts Air management, department personnel, stations and agents, primary vendors and customers.
12. Assist in developing future planning of measurable stretch goals and objectives that complement the company’s mission and current growth strategy. Track progress on goals and develop action items to support their success.
13. Provide effective, professional communication and customer service at all times.
14. Other duties as assigned.
15. Maintain a motivated and productive team through the performance of leadership functions including team building, recruitment, hiring, training, coaching, counseling, performance monitoring, reviews, and disciplinary action
16. Assist in developing and updating Load Control forms, manuals, policies, procedures and other documentation to ensure accuracy and relevancy.
1. Comply with all safety aspects, specific practices and procedures of the work scope and position(s).
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety Manual (OSM).
3. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company and report any Safety Hazards.
4. Required to learn and understand Dangerous Goods Transportation requirements.
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered and report those, that you are unable to personally correct, to a supervisor.
1. Comply with all security practices, policies, and procedures as trained.
2. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
1. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
2. Ensure adherence to procedures that promote the health and welfare of all employees.
3. Promote the mission, vision, and values that the Company has developed, and ensure adherence to the Everts leadership manual and employee handbook.
The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small objects and print or write legibly.
2. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility, and stamina to lift, carry, push, or pull objects which may frequently exceed 70 pounds in a series of functional tests which clearly simulates the work environment.
3. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
4. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
5. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, work processing systems/software, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and related terminology.
2. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of employment, including file and record maintenance.
3. Knowledge of technology used for training purposes or possess an interest in learning the technological methods used in training.
4. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
5. Requires 1-2 years prior operations or supervisory experience.
6. Requires strong oral and written communication skills and excellent telephone etiquette.
7. Attention to detail.
8. Have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Requires a great deal of coordination among many departments.
9. Must be flexible, willing to work various hours including holidays, nights, weekends and overtime. Everts Air Cargo operates 24/7, 365 days a year.
10. Must be able to multitask effectively in a busy, fast-paced environment.
11. Must be diplomatic, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
12. Function in a high stress environment and work well under pressure.
13. Have a good grasp of Alaskan geography. Know or be able to learn ICAO airport identifiers.
14. Be a self-starter with initiative
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Everts Air Cargo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission compliant (EEOC) employer.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.