- Laredo, Texas
- Annual Salary $100,000.00
- Job ID
Maintenance Supervisor job at Everts Air Cargo in Laredo TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Oversees and directs line station operations and aircraft maintenance at the LRD station. Responsible for the overall safety and oversight of the LRD facility. This position involves the ability to make informed decisions regarding all maintenance performed. When necessary, performs functions of lead or A & P mechanic. Coordinate with other departments (to include Inspections, Training, Parts, Operations, Charter Sales, Safety, and others as needed) to ensure proper maintenance and facility operations.
Compensation Starting at $100,000 annually
Requisition ID 486951881
- Notify Maintenance Control, the Director of Maintenance, Assistant Director of Maintenance and Flight Control of aircraft status, grounded AOG aircraft, and on-going aircraft Coordinate Inspections, Training, Parts, Operations, Charter Sales, and others, as needed.
- Supervise and direct leads, mechanics, and repairman.
- Drive projects and line maintenance to completion, holding leads and mechanics accountable to projected timelines.
- Conduct anddirect OJTbased on Monitor and provide safety oversight for all personnel within department.
- Coordinate with the Training Department to ensure adequate number of employees are trained in specific Powered Industrial Vehicles, as well as other relevant topics.
- Coordinate with the Chief Inspector to ensure the completion of all inspection items, procedures, and completion of all paperwork in accordance with Company Manuals.
- Supervise all ramp operations, to include tow, taxi, and engine run events.
- Oversee turnover log and shift turnovers.
- Participateas a member of the Aircraft Planning Team to forecast availability, plan, and schedule maintenance, and communicate aircraft status, availability, and planning to all departments.
- Interview and hire new employees for LRD Maintenance, and Parts. Coach, discipline, and review employees. Manage Time Clock to include schedules, approvals, and corrections.
- Periodically review Maintenance Bulletins. Maintain expert currency on the provisions of the General Maintenance Manual. Implement company policies and directives within work groups.
- Work with the Stockroom regarding timely procurement of tools and adequate resources are on hand and Ensure proper processing and storage of serviceable spare parts. Responsible for the recall of all calibrated tools in LRD.
- Review and ensure that all paperwork is filled out, completed, and signed off properly, such as DMIs, Parts Tags, Logbooks, M-3s, etc., before sending to Records Department.
- The Maintenance Supervisor is authorized to perform maintenance, preventative maintenance, or alterations on company equipment; and will make entries into Aircraft Logs for work performed.
- Conduct all maintenance and inspection procedures in accordance with Company Manuals or other approved standard procedures.
- Maintain currency in all required training. Hold leads, A&Ps, repairmen, and helpers accountable to initial and recurrent training requirements.
- Be available for consultation and decision making on matters requiring instruction or deliberation from a higher authority than that of the persons performing the work.
- Assist the DOM and ADOM with other duties as delegated and assigned.
- Be able to fill in as an alternate flight mechanic.
- Ensure all required inspections of Company equipment and resources are completed in a timely manner and properly documented. This will include the Jack Inspection Program, Flammable Cabinets, Green Tag Room, Parts Rooms, Emergency Equipment, etc.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant License
- Valid United States Passport
- 3 years proven line maintenance experience (DC-9/MD-80 aircraft or similar type aircraft is preferred)
- Requires demonstrated technical expertise, sound judgment, effective evaluation skills, and the ability to promote positive interaction with and between company personnel and management.
- Requires the ability to lead employees through periods of growth and change, while holding them accountable to getting the job done
- Requires the ability to multi-task.
- Requires willingness to grow and develop with the company.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication and retention skills.
- Requires competency with a computer, specifically with the basic Microsoft Office Suite.
- Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Requires the manual dexterity to assemble and dissemble intricate assemblies.
- Requires frequent lifting of weights of 70 or more.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.