Training and Development Specialist
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $27.00
- Job ID
Training and Development Specialist job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Training and Development Specialist is a dynamic position that develops, evaluates, and monitors training programs across the company to achieve long and short-range training goals established by the Director of Maintenance. The Training and Development Specialist collaborates with subject matter experts to design and develop complex–level interactive courseware for training. The Training and Development Specialist will facilitate learning experiences in multiple delivery methods including, but not limited to, eLearning, instructor-led training in both in-person and virtual environments. The Training and Development Specialist will possess a strong educational background with emphasis in aerospace training and extensive experience in managing training and development programs. The Training and Development Specialist will be knowledgeable of all training-related regulations and industry standards to plan, organize, and develop training and development programs for all employee groups within the company.
Compensation: $27.00 p/hr
Schedule: M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM
Requisition ID: 486993012
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of company training programs.
- Develops online courses through the application and utilization of adult learning principles and eLearning tools.
- Works with subject matter experts and existing training to create engaging online content to facilitate the achievement of organizational goals.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of learning and development programs to ensure they align with strategic need, are applicable to the work and an efficient use of time.
- Monitors regulatory requirements for employee training and competence to ensure that all requirements are met, tracked, and documented as required by FAA, PHMSA, DOT, OSHA, or company policy.
- Provides input to the training strategy and the development of specific training development plans.
- Plans training courses and sessions and monitors associated training costs.
- Collaborates with the external training vendors and delivers tailored training programs and courses.
- Develops and conducts train-the trainer programs to prepare company instructors to facilitate learning experiences. Provide constructive feedback and comments captured on the post training surveys to all instructors.
- Maintain focus on the specific training needs of the Mx team, (hands-on/CBT revisions and creation, coordinating on-site training, monitoring the progress and skill advancement of the mentees in the CTAMP program).
- Onboarding/Indoctrination of new FAI Mx team members.
- AeroEd monitoring.
- Maintenance Department Monthly Monitoring Employee Currency Reports for the (ANC/EAA/FAI)
- Coordinating the training needs for Contract Maintenance by communicating the training needs, username/passwords, essentially serving as the POC on behalf of the mechanics on call to service the airplanes.
- Meeting attendance to weekly Mx Meeting and Monthly CASS meeting.
Required/Preferred Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience related to instructional design, adult learning theory, training techniques.
- 2+ years learning and development experience.
- Ability to develop instruction for both instructor-led and online learning formats.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills and analytical abilities.
- Experienced in learning management systems as well as providing online/virtual learning.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Strong planning and organizational skills related to scheduling and tracking course completion.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.