Warehouse Customer Service Agent Urgent
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $17.00
- Job ID
Warehouse Customer Service Agent job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
Provides leadership and training to Customer Service Agents and provides service to customers. Demonstrates leadership and attention to detail when receiving freight to protect the company from damaging freight or aircraft.
- Demonstrates and evaluates safe work practices. Uses “lead by example” approach to safety procedures in the facility. Evaluates agents constantly to see that they are using safe work practices. Demonstrates safe work practices when observing agents using unsafe practices.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the daily customer service processes and procedures.
- Analyzes current work processes and procedures for application and efficiency. Implements new work processes and procedures as necessary. Trains new and current employees on new processes and procedures.
- Carries a high attention to detail. Demonstrates a critical eye for accurate freight receipt and freight storage requirements. Works with agents to see that the freight that is accepted is packaged in a manner as such so that it is not damaged, will not be damaged and/or cannot damage other freight, hurt an employee, and/or damage equipment used to transport it.
- Evaluates incoming freight for its compatibility with the aircraft and modify the freight build-up to facilitate ease in loading. Recognizes freight which should not be accepted for transportation. Determines the best possible utilization of warehouse, ramp, and connex space for storage of outgoing and backhaul freight. Communicates the size and weight restrictions of company aircraft to the customer when needed.
- Coaches agents to use their time sensibly so that that freight is built, marked and tagged completely and accurately.
- Relays company expectations to CSA’s. Demonstrates the understanding of all company processes. Ensures the compliance by all agents and, if needed, implements disciplinary action.
- When new procedures are implemented, makes sure the training of agents is complete to provide the best possible value to the company and its customers.
- Assists in disciplining customer service employees. Discreetly performs informal disciplinary action with employees when necessary. Informs the Cargo Manager of any employees who may need formal disciplinary action.
- Assists customers with concerns and claims as they arise. Addresses initial customer concerns regarding damaged freight, timely transportation in person or on the telephone. Documents customer concerns that need the attention of the Cargo Manager and pass the information on to him or her. Follows up on customer issues that are delegated to others for resolution
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility, and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which frequently exceed 70 pounds.
- Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- High energy, positive presence along with top-notch written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to seek out and incorporate feedback from all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other Microsoft products.
- Ability to work a variety of schedules to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Ability to communicate in English
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Embody the Everts Air culture and conduct oneself with professionalism, integrity, resourcefulness and caring.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $17/Hour
Employment TypeSeasonal Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 403055505
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.