Customer Service Agent FT or PT Urgent
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $16.00
- Job ID
Customer Service Agent FT or PT job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
Customer Service Agents are responsible for providing service and responding to customer inquires for assigned positions according to established procedures and location requirements. They respond in a prompt, accurate, courteous, and poised manner in order to encourage positive business relationships between Everts Air Cargo and its customers. They effectively perform assignments and process work to meet established deadlines and performance goals.
- Promptly respond to Everts Air Cargo personnel and customer telephone and written inquires for information about company services, regulations, transit information, procedures, and rate. Respond via phone and in writing to customer and internal personnel requests for information in clear and understandable manner. Forward charter requests to Sales
- Provide customers with accurate shipping information by using FPA and keeping all manual service updates in an organized fashion, attending all available training, and accurately interpreting all resource guides. Retrieve information from computers, hard files, manuals, and directories.
- Notify customers of backhaul freight and any monies due, notate call in FPA under tracking, and once freight is picked up notate type of payment received in FPA. Coordinate with accounting on customer rates/notes as needed.
- Execute air bills accurately and completely. Ensure the freight is properly described, apply tariffs where necessary. Audit air bills as required. Research air bills for accounting or customer use as needed.
- Process and prepare forms, documents, and correspondence according to established procedures for approval. Maintain cash drawer and daily sales report. Prepare D.O.T. Trucking report and weekly mail reconciliation. Process/audit daily cargo and flight paperwork. Match air bills from outstations. Create preprints for customers. Create other reports as requested.
- Maintain accurate documentation of records and activity. Repeatedly bend or reach to file and retrieve documents. Answer telephone, forward calls to appropriate department, take messages when necessary. Sort/distribute comat as required enter POD information into FPA. Update customer service manual directories as needed. Update Sales with pertinent customer information. Keep a supply of comat, expense reports and flight envelopes available.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Requires a courteous, helpful, and poised phone manner and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Requires the ability to make determinations quickly and under pressure.
- Requires good organizational, attention to detail, and record keeping skills and also the ability to maintain current and updated information. Requires the ability to input and retrieve information from a database
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, such as talking on the phone, data entry, and data retrieval.
- Requires the ability to maintain excellent customer/station agent relations, and to deal effectively with irate customers.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Embody the Everts Air culture and conduct oneself with professionalism, integrity, resourcefulness and caring.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
SalaryStarts at $16.00/hour
Employment Type Full-Time or Part-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.