Chief Pilot Part 135 Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Annual Salary $115,000.00
- Job ID
Chief Pilot Part 135 job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Chief Pilot is directly responsible to the Director of Operations and is responsible for surveillance of the flight crew records, limitations and qualifications as set forth by the FAA.
Compensation $115,000 p/yr
Requisition ID 453420634
- Maintain a current; FAA approved master record section pertaining to all crewmembers, aircraft and flights conducted by the company.
- Keep the Director of Operations informed daily on relevant matters.
- Assist with the formulation of company policies and ensure compliance.
- May delegate responsible persons to act for him/her, however, this does not lessen his/her overall responsibility.
- Keep himself/herself current and qualified in all respects in one type of company aircraft in accordance with the requirements and standards of a regular line captain. Flight checked in accordance with FAA requirements.
- Available and serves on a normal full-time basis, unless restricted by the rest requirements of FAR 135 or usual company duty.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining, and conducting crewmember standardization and training procedures to ensure safety and proficiency.
- Responsible for ascertaining that no person is assigned or maintained as an active crewmember unless that person meets or exceeds the requirements and currency of FAR 135; personally, sees that proper certification to this effect is included in each crewmember’s record prior to assignment.
- Ensure that current duplicates of certificates are included in each crewmember’s record.
- Act as a check airman and personally conducts or appoints a properly approved check airman to conduct all qualification, proficiency, instrument, and other check flight required by the FAA or company.
- Is constantly informed, by daily surveillance of a master flight crew status board of the currency of each crewmember and the upcoming due date of flight checks, physicals and ground training and makes advance arrangements to resolve the approaching illegalities; crewmembers will be automatically removed from the flight schedule on or prior to the expiration date shown. Will maintain records of the original and continued currency of all crewmembers.
- Responsible for the selection of flight personnel for upgrading.
- Responsible for the test flight of aircraft when required or desired.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of flight crews, and to ensure they comply with all company policies, procedures.
- Works closely with EAA Counter and Cargo personnel to ensure an outstanding operational outcome and communication.
- Must maintain a current knowledge of the ERP and serve as an alternate to the DO during 135 accident-related events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Requires the ability to coordinate with and work for a variety of Management personnel and must be self-motivated, organized, and comfortable with frequent change.
- Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
- Requires high level of organizational skills, attention to detail, and record keeping skills and the ability to maintain current and updated information.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word, Access, Outlook, and Excel.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet operation needs.
- Prefer prior management or supervisory experience in a Part 135 or Part 121 operation.
- For the first time ever as a Chief Pilot, a person must have 3 years experience within the last 6 years as a PIC in a Part 135 or Part 121 operation.
- Prefer an ATP with a minimum of 3 years and 3,000 hours Pilot-in-Command (PIC) on multi-engine aircraft, and strong knowledge as to the capabilities and limitations of Caravan 208 and/or Pilatus PC-12 aircraft.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.