Cargo Load Planner Urgent
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $17.00 - $20.00
- Job ID
Cargo Load Planner job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Load Planners will select all cargo/mail for Everts Air Cargo flights. The aircraft load planner will be responsible for the weight and balance of cargo aircraft and the compatibility of hazardous material shipments on each flight. Load Planners will communicate with Flight Following and Line Facilities regarding mail and freight loads and will assemble all paperwork for final aircraft package. This position has a secondary responsibility as Loadmaster when not immediately engaged in Load Planning duties.
1. Select cargo/mail for flights based on destination, priority, date received.
2. Assemble mail/cargo documentation for aircraft flight package.
3. Perform weight/balance/shoring calculations, prepare load pull sheets.
4. Maintain documentation of cargo/mail, provide oversight of high priority/precious cargo.
5. Communicate proper flight notifications and aircraft payload information with Flight
Following, Maintenance, Cargo and Line Facility Agents.
6. Perform Aircraft Scheduling duties in absence of Primary Scheduler.
7. Perform cargo customer service functions as needed.
8. Attention to detail, ability to ensure 99% accuracy in all data entry.
9. Develop load planning training program.
10. Conduct freight and mail audits as required.
1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
1. Valid Driver’s License
1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
2. Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
3. Hazardous Materials Certified
4. Air Load Planning Qualified
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.