Director of Maintenance Part 121 Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Director of Maintenance Part 121 job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Director of Maintenance is responsible for the constant airworthiness of aircraft, engines, and related components, operated by Everts Air Cargo under FAR Part 121. This position coordinates daily with flight operations and cargo services regarding aircraft availability, flight scheduling and maintenance projections.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 503754269
- Responsible for directing the priorities and activities of aircraft maintenance, maintenance control, maintenance planning, and maintenance traini This includes all maintenance performed at Everts primary maintenance facilities, line stations and MRO facilities.
- Ensure all personnel are trained in accordance with Everts approved maintenance training program.
- Ensure that the department and staff are able to provide the manpower, facilities, equipment, and tooling necessary to meet operational goals and that this effort represents efficient utilization of the allocated workforce in meeting on-going required maintenance.
- Direct members of the staff to ensure that they carry out all maintenance activities safely, on time and within budgetary requirements.
- Ensure effective communication and smooth business operations flow between all levels of assigned personnel as well as between maintenance and inspections, flight operations, cargo and accounting.
- Establish and ensure compliance with standard procedures for the purchase, overhaul, inspection and repair of aircraft, engines and components. Audit practices to ensure they work effectively.
- Establish department work standards, work hours and shifts.
- Work with accounting to establish budget requirements for both current operation and capital expenditures.
- Work with the President to accomplish proactive equipment purchase and repair planning.
- Act as a liaison on all aircraft maintenance concerns and planning between Everts Air and the FAA, and ensure compliance with FARs, Operational Specifications and EAC General Maintenance Manual.
- Review and respond to Maintenance delays and system probl Develop and implement changes to eliminate recurrence.
- Maintain assigned company manual program responsibilities in a timely manner; reviewing manual revisions for accuracy and relevance, performing mid-quarter review of collected data, review manuals with leads and supervisors to promote continuous improvement.
- Monitor progress of aircraft in repair or heavy che Communicate projections as necessary to affected departments.
- Initiate and review Maintenance contract agreements with MRO facilities to ensure accountability and reduce organizational exposure.
- Arrange oversight of MRO’s/contract maintenance by a qualified EAC employee to ensure optimum and timely job completion. Report progress on a regular basis to the President.
- Coordinate with other department to plan and schedule aircraft maintenan
- Maintain close oversight over the Parts Department to ensure effective and economic use of resources, staffing and accountability. Ensure all procurement and staging staff are well informed and working in sy
- Manage and coordinate special projects as mandated by FAR’s and assigned by the President.
- Perform other duties as the situation dicta
Required/Preferred Experience, Education & Skills
- Educationand experience that enables one to perform the job functions and responsibiliti Four Year College Degree Preferred.
- Hold a mechanic certificate with airframe and powerplant ratings and ability to meet the requirements of 14 CFR 1165(a) (4), 121.369(a) and qualified in accordance with 14CFR Part 119.67(c).
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a supervisory capacity under FAR 119-20 (c)(4)(ii) and 3 years’ experience within the past 6 years in one or a combination of (i) and (ii) abov
- 14 CFR 119 Position Holder.
- Aircraft General Familiarization; DC-9-80 Series, B-727, Bae 146, or any combination thereof.
- Extensive knowledge of FAA certification requirements, manual development, operations specifications, FAA procedures, Aircraft flight manuals and Company flight manuals related to technical data appropriate to company aircraft operations.
- Skilled communicator with demonstrated team building skill
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change and lead employees through periods of growth and change
- Strong verbal and written communication skill Excellent listening and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work extra hours when necessary. Some travel may be required. Must be insurable under company insurance coverag
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years of leadership experien
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, work processing systems/software, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and related terminology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of employment, including file and record maintenance.
- Knowledge of technology used for training purposes or possess an interest in learning the technological methods used in training.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at .
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.