Senior Simulator Technician Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Annual Salary $75,000.00 - $90,000.00
- Job ID
Senior Simulator Technician job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Responsible to maintain Level D full flight simulator and other flight training devices in accordance with 14 CFR Part 60 and Everts Air Cargo’s Simulator Quality Management System (SQMS) program. Perform troubleshooting, diagnostics, repair, and modification of electronic, hydraulic, and computer systems to maintain 14 CFR Part 60 qualifications.
1. Perform preflight and post flight on designated simulators.
2. Apply technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks detailed in the SQMS procedures.
3. Provide hardware and software analytical diagnosis and corrective maintenance on simulators and associated training devices.
4. Performs and/or installs configuration changes, upgrades, or other modifications of equipment and resolves complex technical problems.
5. Proficient in executing simulator diagnostics and QTG tests to assess and monitor simulator performance.
6. Ensure the Full Flight Simulator (FFS) meets all Part 60 requirements.
7. Ability to read and use technical schematics, drawing and manuals along with other technical material to resolve complex problems.
8. Modify aircraft electrical wiring systems, or components, following drawings, engineering, or technical publications.
9. Perform housekeeping functions to maintain the simulators as required.
10. Assists in training less experienced personnel in their skill development.
11. Operate ground support equipment and performs minor maintenance as necessary.
12. Available for on-call contract maintenance as needed.
13. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
14. Ensure adherence to procedures that promote the health and welfare of all employees.
15. Promote the mission, vision, and values that the Company has developed, and ensure adherence to the Everts leadership manual and employee handbook.
1. Preferred Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology; or minimum of two (2) years’ experience in flight simulation maintenance.
2. FFS/FSTD experience in supervisory role.
3. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
4. Preferred previous experience in electronics, avionics, or a related field.
5. Ability to read and understand schematics and wiring diagrams.
6. Experience with electronic diagnostic equipment.
7. Proficient with simulator computer software.
8. Understanding of 14 CFR Part 60 and AC 120-40.
9. Comfortable with a flexible work schedule.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.