Publications Technician Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $22.00 - $26.00
- Job ID
Publications Technician job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Publications Department is responsible for the quality of and has the authority to establish and modify the policies, procedures, instructions, and information of the currency, distribution, and availability of manuals processes contained in the Manual Management Element.
1. Provide daily support with revising and maintaining the Publications Manuals in a current status:
a. Maintain the revision cycles of manuals for EAC, EAA and EAF.
b. Maintain the currency of all electronic company manuals posted on the company cloud.
2. Update Shared Review Tracker with each step during the revision changes to company manuals.
3. Coordinate the printing and distribution of required paper copies of manuals.
4. Monitor the return of Transmittal Revision Sheets to ensure paper copies have been updated.
5. Perform annual audits for all controlled manuals maintained by the Library.
6. Resolve audit findings for the Controlled/Uncontrolled Publications.
7. Maintain master and historical reference for all hardcopy manuals.
8. Responsible for revision, obtaining signatures from GOM A007 list and distribution of FAA issued Operations Specifications for Part 119 and Part 135 GOM.
9. Maintaining web-based company manuals.
10. Maintaining the Publications Status Board and the Shared Review Tracker.
11. Creating, updating, and maintaining aircraft libraries.
12. Constructing manuals to include technical writing from the ground up.
13. Updating Technical Manuals on the FAI O: Manufacture Manuals folder or Avantext drive.
14. Provide training support for Adobe Shared Review users.
15. Assisting employees with application support and general IT issues.
16. Perform annual audits of all manual owners’ manuals for accuracy and currency.
17. Perform audits on A/C Libraries in a timely manner as needed.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Comply with all safety aspects, specific practices and procedures of the work scope and position(s).
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety Manual (OSM).
3. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company and report any Safety Hazards.
4. Required to learn and understand Dangerous Goods Transportation requirements.
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered and report those, that you are unable to personally correct, to a supervisor.
1. Comply with all security practices, policies and procedures as trained.
2. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
1. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
2. Ensure adherence to procedures that promote the health and welfare of all employees.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small objects and print or write legibly.
2. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which may frequently exceed 70 pounds in a series of functional tests which clearly simulates the work environment.
3. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
4. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
5. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Must be proficient in Frame Maker, Word, Excel, Access, and Adobe Acrobat.
2. Should have a working knowledge of illustrations and graphics.
3. Ability to problem solves as well as multi-task and resolve support issues quickly and professionally.
4. Possesses a strong attention to detail.
5. Proven ability to work independently and part of a team.
6. Excellent communication and organization skills.
7. Some post-secondary experience.
8. Experience and proven ability to succeed in a support position.
9. Must be open to learning new programs and technologies.
10. Comfortable with changes to schedule priorities, interruptions, and deadlines.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Everts Air Cargo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission compliant (EEOC) employer.Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.