Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $25.00 - $40.00
- Job ID
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Mechanics will perform maintenance on company aircraft for safe and reliable flights. Mechanics will be familiar with and held accountable to the privileges, limitations, and recency of experience requirements listed in 14 CFR Part 65.81(a), 65.81(b), 65.83, 65.85, and 65.87.
1. Immediately inform supervisor of any discrepancies of unairworthy conditions found during performance of work assigned.
2. Perform heavy checks, service checks, line maintenance, pre-flights, and troubleshooting.
3. Perform major and minor repairs or alterations to company aircraft including engine systems, flight controls, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, landing gear systems, and structural components.
4. Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components by following drawings, engineering, or technical publications.
5. Service and maintain aircraft systems. Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment. Test engine and system operations.
6. Remove and install aircraft engines and propellers. Disassemble and inspect parts and engines for wear, warping, or other defects such as cracks, breaks, or leaks.
7. Execute towing, taxiing and engine run-up of aircraft, as qualified.
8. Heat, deice, and refuel aircraft as required.
9. Launch and recover company aircraft.
10. Operate ground support equipment and perform minor maintenance, as necessary.
11. Be available for on-call contract maintenance, as needed.
12. Document aircraft maintenance repairs and alterations IAW FAR’s, using appropriate company forms. Sign out serviceable aircraft parts. Tag repairable parts removed from the aircraft engines or components.
13. Be familiar with all Company Manuals and AD notes. Accomplish assigned duties in accordance with the policies and procedures therein. Periodically review Maintenance Bulletins and Memos.
14. Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine efficient methods to replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
15. Supervise mechanic helpers in the performance of those duties in which the A&P is qualified and back-sign as proof of supervision. Conduct and document OJT.
16. Maintain currency in all required training.
17. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
18. Perform other duties, as assigned.
1. Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
2. Valid driver’s license
1. Requires ability to understand and retain verbal and written information.
2. Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
3. Requires manual dexterity to assemble and disassemble intricate assemblies.
4. Requires frequent lifting of weights of 70 pounds or more.
5. Requires ability to stand on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.