IT Systems Administrator Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $28.00 - $38.00
- Job ID
IT Systems Administrator job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
As the IT Systems Specialist in Fairbanks this position will be the “go to” in working with server environment, VMWare & Hyper-V systems within the network. This position oversees the activities meant to support the Anchorage network, installing, and maintaining everything related to this environment, including software, hardware, and networks. This position must be aware of the procedures, practices, methods, regulations, policies, and all other laws related to the field.
1. Install, configure, and maintain various types of hardware & software.
2. Monitoring performance of server at all times.
3. Carry out backup and recovery functions.
4. Research new technology and software.
5. Take part in design, architecture, implementation, and maintenance of technology projects.
6. Maintain electronic and hardcopy install requirements of all software.
7. Update electronic manuals both internal and external.
8. Maintain a list of necessary maintenance repair.
9. Making recommendations about the purchase of resources.
10. Identifying and preparing hardware for safe disposal.
11. Ensuring hardware is secured and stripped before disposal.
12. Troubleshooting network operating system, software, and hardware.
13. Being familiar with network operating systems, software, and hardware.
14. Working with a Help Desk system to create documentation for new processes.
15. Provide recommendations about support and information access.
16. Take new users through the orientation process.
17. Training staff to maximize the potential of existing technology.
18. Providing individual support and training as needed or identified.
19. Research and develop special projects as assigned.
1. A+ Certification.
2. Strong background in server systems, VMWare & Hyper-V
3. Thorough understanding of PC and network hardware.
4. Experience in hands-on hardware troubleshooting.
5. Experience in Equipment support.
6. Working technical knowledge of the latest operating systems, network protocols and standards.
7. Ability to read all relevant documents, including OEM guides, procedural documentation and technical manuals and understand them.
8. Ability to use peripheral accessories, components, and other related tools.
9. Ability to carry relevant research.
10. Ability to perform tasks and prioritize in high pressure environments.
11. Strong attention to detail.
12. Strong problem-solving abilities.
13. Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning and innovated thinking.
14. Able to work independently and in a team environment.
15. Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skill with demonstrated ability to communicate with outside vendors and internal staff.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.