AP Mechanic Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $25.00
- Job ID
AP Mechanic job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Perform maintenance on company aircraft for safe and reliable flights.
1. Perform major and minor repairs or alterations to company aircraft including engine systems, flight controls, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, landing gear systems, and structural components.
2. Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
3. Disassemble and inspect parts and engines for wear, warping, or other defects such as cracks, breaks, or leaks.
4. Perform heavy checks, service checks, line maintenance pre-flights and troubleshooting.
5. Remove and install aircraft engines and propellers.
6. Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering or technical publications.
7. Execute towing, taxiing and engine run-up of aircraft.
8. Service and maintain aircraft systems.
9. Test engine and system operations.
10.Heat, deice, and refuel aircraft as required.
11.Launch and recover company aircraft.
12.Operate ground support equipment and performs minor maintenance as necessary.
13.Available for on-call contract maintenance as needed.
14.Document aircraft maintenance repairs and alterations IAW FAR’s using appropriate company forms.
15.Sign out serviceable aircraft parts and tag repairable parts removed from the aircraft engines or components.
16.Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine efficient methods of replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
17.Be familiar with all company manuals and AD notes. Periodically review maintenance bulletins.
1. Comply with all safety aspects of your position.
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety Manual (OSM).
3. Follow all Company practices and procedures.
4. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company and report any Safety Hazards.
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered and report those that you can’t personally correct to a supervisor.
1. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small objects and print or write legibly.
2. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which may frequently exceed 70 pounds in a series of functional tests which clearly simulates the work environment.
3. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
4. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
5. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Requires an Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
2. Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and written.
3. Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
4. Requires manual dexterity to assemble and dissemble intricate assemblies.
5. Requires frequent lifting of weights of 70 lb or more.
6. Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
7. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.