Parts Supervisor Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Job ID
Parts Supervisor job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Parts Supervisor is actively responsible for day-to-day operation of the parts department. Ensure all company standards are met and the department is operating at the maximum efficiency while maintaining inventory control and responding to the needs of the maintenance department.
1. Monitor and order inventory as needed to maintain appropriate levels of parts and consumable products. Ensure repair/overhaul items are being sent out for repair as needed.
2. Supervise, direct, hire, train, discipline, coach and assist in the review of Parts Department employees.
3. Time clock management to include schedules, time approval, and time corrections.
4. Track and Maintain controls on high cost inventory items.
5. Ensure shipping and receiving of serviceable and repairable parts is controlled and competitively priced.
6. Check that Components are clean and drained of any fluid and attachments are removed as required.
7. Maintain parts availability by coordinating with the records department.
8. Actively research and develop new vendors who offer quality products at less expense. Investigate alternatives and source products that better meet EAC needs and offer cost savings.
9. Monitor the tool calibration program to include accurate updating of inventory and ensuring Mechanic accountability with sign in/out log.
10. Assists with identifying, locating, purchasing, and shipping of GSE parts.
11. Update and maintain individual parts information in CALM. Ensure parts and materials are traceable and certifiable.
12. Establish a safe and efficient work environment for employees.
13. Ensure proper purchasing policies, spending limits and record keeping procedures are being followed.
14. Provide timely responsiveness to parts requests. Prioritize AOG for an immediate response.
15. Develop and maintain excellent communication and cooperation with all Everts Air Cargo management, department personnel, stations, agent stations and vendors.
16. Develop future department planning goals and objectives that are achievable and realistic, and that complement the company’s current growth strategy. Work closely with all EAC parts locations to coordinate and communicate vendor and shipping pricing.
17. Provide competent and timely response on all safety issues to corporate staff as required.
18. Complete HAZMAT shipping documents as required.
19. Inspect shelf life, rotate components, and audit inventory as required by stockroom procedures.
20. Coordinate with all parts departments on repair vendors, defective or unacceptable goods and proposed corrective actions.
21. Responsible to ensure that a 10% inventory audit is conducted and documented monthly.
22. Responsible for the oversight to ensure that all parts, materials, and tooling are signed out and tagged for proper disposition with accurate information on the tag or form before shipment or restock into inventory.
23. Prepare M-10’s for repairable parts utilizing the Computerized Aircraft Log Manager (CALM) for proper green tag and repair order information.
24. Any additional duties that may be assigned.
25. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
26. Ensure adherence to procedures that promote the health and welfare of all employees.
1. Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record.
1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
2. Requires good organization, attention to detail, record keeping skills and the ability to maintain current
and updated information. Requires the ability to input and retrieve information from a database.
3. Proficiency in keyboarding and experience with computerized inventory systems.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.