Cargo Sales Representative FT or PT
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $17.00 - $22.00
- Job ID
Cargo Sales Representative FT or PT job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
This position plays a fundamental role in achieving Everts Air’s market and revenue growth objectives by gaining new business, as well as, maintaining and growing existing customer accounts. The primary objective of this position is to generate increased revenue and support the common goal of excellent service to all customers.
- Collaborate and build relationships with new and existing customers through cold calling, issuing quotes, preparing bids, educating customers, and making formal presentations to clients
- Schedule and make regular external sales visits, as well as take part in community events that increase visibility of Everts within designated markets. Travel is required.
- Maintain existing accounts by providing support and relevant solutions to meet customer needs, conducting regular account analysis, and addressing any concerns in a timely manner.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, outbound calls, trade conferences, emails, and other outreach programs as dictated by the department manager.
- Schedule and make regular external sales visits, as well as take part in community events that increase visibility of Everts within designated markets. Travel is required
- Attend and participate in conferences, exhibits, and trade shows to promote Everts Air services and generate leads.
- Utilize Everts Air’s Customer Resource Management (CRM) platform to document sales activity and relevant customer business details.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Requires 1+ years customer service and/or sales background.
- Must have good computer skills with spreadsheet and word processing application capability.
- Must be meticulous, process and service oriented with strong time management skills and the ability to deliver within tight deadlines.
- Must have the strong ability to problem solve and negotiate and close on critical sales contracts.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in marketing or business (aviation a plus).
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $20/Hour
Employment TypeFull-Time or Part-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 403055844
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.