- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $17.00 - $20.00
- Job ID
Cargo Loadplanner job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
Load Planners will select all cargo/mail for Everts Air Cargo flights. The aircraft load planner will be responsible for the weight and balance of cargo aircraft and the compatibility of hazardous material shipments on each flight. Load Planners will communicate with Flight Following and Line Facilities regarding mail and freight loads and will assemble all paperwork for final aircraft package. This position has a secondary responsibility as Loadmaster when not immediately engaged in Load Planning duties.
- Select cargo/mail for flights based on destination, priority, date received.
- Assemble mail/cargo documentation for aircraft flight package.
- Performweight/balance/shoring calculations, prepare load pull sheet
- Maintain documentation of cargo/mail, provide oversight of high priority/precious cargo.
- Communicate proper flight notifications and aircraft payload information with Flight Following, Maintenance, Cargo and Line Facility Agents.
- Perform Aircraft Scheduling duties in absence of Primary Scheduler.
- Conduct freight and mail audits as required.
- Stage freight and mail in preparation for a flight.
- Complete accurate and detailed Load Schedules for specific aircraft and deliver all Cargo related paperwork to Load Planning within 2 hours of flight departure.
- Ensure proper aircraft preparation. Ensure that a Cargo Agent has cleaned out the aircraft and prepared the straps or net for load commencement. Ensure that all freight and mail is staged by aircraft. Ensure that the aircraft has the complete inventory of load assisting equipment.
- Communicate with other departments and Management. Communicate with the Maintenance Department regarding aircraft readiness and positioning. Communicate with the Flight Crew regarding any special load considerations or daily loading/unloading requirements. Communicate with Management regarding safety or security concerns, load discrepancies, or interdepartmental problems that may have arisen during the load operation. File all appropriate Cargo-related paperwork including Weight and Space Worksheets, Loadmaster Checklist, and a copy of the Load Schedule.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility, and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which frequently exceed 70 pounds.
- Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work a variety of schedules to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Ability to communicate in English
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation: Starting at $18.00/Hour DOE
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at .
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.