Maintenance Controller Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Maintenance Controller job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Maintenance Controller is responsible to the Maintenance Control Supervisor for managing mechanical irregularities. Maintenance Control will work with Maintenance, Maintenance Planning, and Flight Following to coordinate the scheduled workload for all maintenance bases. Maintenance Control maintains constant awareness of aircraft operational requirements and essential maintenance required for the continued airworthiness of aircraft. Maintenance Control will know the airworthiness condition of all aircraft at all times and will monitor all current maintenance activities. Maintenance Control is the primary interface between Maintenance, Operations, and Flight Following to provide updates on aircraft status and coordinate aircraft availability based on maintenance schedules and demands.
1. Ensure that mechanical delays that may occur are handled in a safe and expeditious manner in accordance with Everts Air’s General Maintenance Manual.
2. Coordinate with Flight Following and Maintenance, as required, to expedite aircraft return to service.
3. Control and track all Deferred Maintenance Items, following up with stations, as applicable. Ensure all deferrals are accomplished in accordance with company manuals and Federal Aviation Regulations.
4. Complete and distribute all applicable forms and documents in accordance with procedures set forth in company General Maintenance Manual.
5. Prioritize work that requires immediate action and be able to separate and parse out which can wait until operational demand is reduced.
6. Provide tracking of parts and equipment while that are in transit to an AOG aircraft.
7. Update the Mx Status Board for all aircraft.
8. Continually review the MEL for all fleet types and make recommendations for process improvement.
9. Responsible for all aircraft maintenance work performed.
10. Ensure that the quality of work performed by company mechanics and on-call maintenance providers is consistent with company policies and procedures.
11. Manage recovery efforts for abnormal/unscheduled maintenance operations.
12. Complete all required training for duties as a Maintenance Controller. Maintain currency in all required training.
13. Ensure on?hand quantities of critical/routine items in the fly?away kits do not go to zero?balance.
14. Review inventory reports and identify potential shortages.
15. Monitor and report to Chief Inspector all maintenance and flight crew reports for items that require Service Difficulty Reports. (14 CFR 121.703)
16. Evaluate the effectiveness of the Maintenance Program in all of its applications, routine, and non?routine maintenance, and alert the Director of Maintenance and the Chief Inspector of program defects and deficiencies.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
18. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
1. Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
1. Requires associate degree in aviation maintenance, or equivalent level of training.
2. Requires an aviation maintenance background with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in aircraft troubleshooting; performing line maintenance; technical manuals, forms, and Airworthiness Directives; aircraft dispatch requirements; and aircraft systems training.
3. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Requires proficient computer skills.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.