Cargo Agent Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Cargo Agent job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Responsible for providing physical and documented freight and cargo handling services within Everts Air’s operations, for the purpose of completing Company business goals as a direct Air Carrier Airline.
1. Will be working with other staff members as a team member contributing to the overall success of Company’s freight and cargo handling goals.
2. Meet and greet customers, private and business’, delivering freight for our services in a courteous professional manner, assisting with the acceptance processes and documentations of deliveries. Will entail paper and or electronic documentations, confirmations of accepting liabilities with the receipt of such freight etc. (freight & cargo includes USPS Mails).
3. Ensure all accepted freight is marked, labeled, and placed into facility inventory staging areas correctly.
4. Perform inventory audits and corrections or improvements to such inventory descriptions as warranted or necessary.
5. Able to pull freight & cargo from inventories to match flight manifesting needs accurately, timely, and efficiently for various Company flights.
6. Able to correctly load or assist in loading cargo onto various company aircraft, with competency applied to tie down and restraint of loaded cargo.
7. Will meet arriving flights supporting aircraft turning, returning, cargo handling and documentations to accomplish Company’s cargo & freight service goals (this includes cargo handling and aircraft specific tasks).
8. Be able to read and understand information from Company Manuals, Information sharing formats, training events, verbal instructions, written and verbal directions/instructions.
9. Be able to operate various tools and equipment; able to perform user responsibilities associated with each of those tools and equipment; office equipment, warehouse equipment (pallet jacks, forklifts, vehicles, trucks etc.) (perform required equipment checks of various natures as scheduled and trained)(perform computer use and data entry tasks).
10. Conduct self, and operating equipment correctly and safely around all areas of air operations. Including complying with all Security and Safety requirements and Ground Security Coordinator responsibilities when applicable.
11. Communicate with other employees and departments as appropriate and required, to facilitate Company’s missions, safety, and cargo business goals. (loadmasters, cargo agents, maintenance, management, and flight crew).
12. Maintain a clean warehouse, ramp areas and aircraft. Sweep/mop floors dispose of refuge, empty trash/FOD cans and other housekeeping tasks as assigned.
13. Handle freight, cargo, and US Mails in Company’s operations to and from other facilities and businesses as required.
14. Accompany aircraft flights to final destination to assist in loading and unloading.
15. Provide support for company’s operational requirements such as aircraft pre-heating, cleaning, marshaling, towing, spotting, placing wing covers or engine covers, door operations, ground power operations, and other support tasks on and for aircraft.
16. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized ramp, freight storage, FOD pickup, sweeping and snow removal and other support tasks for a managed ramp area of operations.
17. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
18. Perform other duties as assigned to include assisting other Everts Air departments.
1. Comply with all safety aspects, specific practices and procedures of the work scope and position(s).
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety Manual (OSM).
3. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company and report any Safety Hazards.
4. Required to learn and understand Dangerous Goods Transportation requirements.
Revised 05/13/2019 Page 2 of 2
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered and report those, that you are unable to personally correct, to a supervisor.
1. Comply with all security practices, policies, and procedures as trained.
2. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small objects and print or write legibly.
2. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility, and stamina to lift, carry, push, or pull objects which may frequently exceed 70 pounds in a series of functional tests which clearly simulates the work environment.
3. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
4. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
5. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Requires the ability to work in an industrial atmosphere and extreme weather conditions.
1. Valid Driver’s license
1. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
2. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
3. Individual must be energetic, self-motivated, and comfortable with frequent changes.
4. Must be able to accomplish assigned tasks independently and in a timely manner.
5. Must complete Request for Computer Access form (PS Form 1357-S) from the USPS to allow access to the SAMS Bypass mail appointment web site.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.