Flight Standards and Compliance Manager
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Flight Standards and Compliance Manager job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Manager of Flight Standards and Compliance reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for providing management oversite and innovative solutions to the regulatory challenges experienced in today’s dynamic airline industry. Additionally, compliance strategies will be within the daily scope of the job. All initiatives will be vetted through the airline’s safety management system, with emphasis on policies and standards which ensure the maintenance and compliance of company manuals with respect to changing regulatory requirements.
Employment TypeRegular Full Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 486978198
- Review manuals and checklists for procedural consistency and make recommendations concerning changes which may be necessary.
- Assist in the development of mitigating controls and measures to effectively mitigate risk with respect to procedural changes and/or additions.
- Maintain an active review of all FAA publications that may impact EAC’s ability to stay within regulatory compliance; the list of reference publications includes, but is not limited to Advisory Circulars, the Federal Register, FSIMS, SAFO’s, InFO’s, FAA Policy letters / Memos and 8900.1 guidance
- Verify and validate the incorporation of written company documentation (Operations Memo’s, Bulletins, etc.) into the manual
- Work with the Flight Operations Training Manager and administrative staff to maintain and develop relevant training material.
- Participate in FSAC
- Become qualified to conduct ground and simulator training, as
- Observe flight crew conduct for procedural consistency and compliance in both aircraft and (Quality Assurance Observation Program)
- Review interdepartmental audit results for insight regarding company interdependence.
- Play an active role in the Safety Committee briefings and meetings, emphasizing flight operations issues.
- Interface with the FAA as directed by the
- Complete other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Education & Skills
- Requires an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with the ability to obtain a type rating in one aircraft flown by the company.
- Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and
- Requires the ability to be proficient computer
- Requires excellent written and verbal communications
- Requires 3-5 years prior supervisory experience as a PIC under 14 CFR 121.
- Demonstrated problem solving
- Ability to work independently, adapting to fluctuating workloads and
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.