Cargo Loadmaster Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Job ID
Cargo Loadmaster job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Cargo Loadmaster (Cargo Specialist)
Reports to: Cargo Manager Department: Cargo
Division: Everts Air Cargo Station: ANC
Cargo Specialists are individuals whose main focus is the completion of Cargo-related paperwork which is used for flight planning, development and completion. Load Masters are responsible for overseeing and completing daily duties involving safe and efficient aircraft loading and unloading. While Cargo Specialists work mainly indoors, Load Masters work in the warehouse, on the ramp, and in EAC aircraft throughout the year -- in a wide variety of conditions.
Cargo Specialist Essential Functions:
1. Document freight and mail on each flight. Enter outbound airway bills into the FPA Manifest. Enter all outbound mail information into the computerized Daily Mail Log. Ensure that corresponding numbers for the FPA Manifest and Daily Mail Log match those on the Weight and Space Worksheet.
2. Complete flight paperwork prior to loading. Separate outbound airway bills and place them in the appropriate destination folders. Create an airway bill for outbound mail and enter it into FPA Manifest.
Complete load manifest and pilot notification.
3. Coordinate intake of Bypass Mail with Shippers and Management including scheduling appointments, accepting and rejecting Mail during induction, interacting with drivers, and communicating with the
4. Completing all relevant inventory and flight planning documentation including Roll-over numbers and
USPS mail inventory sheets.
Load Master Essential Functions:
1. Consolidate and label freight and mail for each flight. Physically locate all outbound freight using the
FPA Manifest and Daily Mail Log as reference. Consolidate freight and mail by type. Properly label freight and mail. Use efficient consolidation techniques for mixed pallets.
2. Complete accurate and detailed Load Schedules for specific aircraft and deliver all Cargo-related flight paperwork to the Flight Crew within an hour and a half of flight departure.
3. Coordinate with Customer Service regarding the addition of booked and priority freight.
4. Ensure proper aircraft preparation. Ensure that a Cargo Agent has cleaned out the aircraft and prepared the straps or net for load commencement. Ensure that all freight and mail is staged by aircraft. Ensure that the aircraft has the complete inventory of load assisting equipment.
5. Oversee loading and unloading of aircraft. Provide leadership as the aircraft is being loaded and/or unloaded and ensure that it is being completed in a safe and efficient manner. Verify that the flight crew has easy access from the cockpit to the rear of the aircraft following the completion of the load. Ensure that the load is properly secure and the doors and windows are all closed. Upon finishing the load, ensure post-load duties are completed.
6. Communicate with other departments and Management. Communicate with the Maintenance Department regarding aircraft readiness and positioning. Communicate with the Flight Crew regarding any special load considerations or daily loading/unloading requirements. Communicate with
Management regarding safety or security concerns, load discrepancies, or interdepartmental problems that may have arisen during the loading operation. File all appropriate Cargo-related paperwork including Weight and Space Worksheets, Load Master Checklist, and a copy of the Load Schedule.
7. Act as Ground Security Coordinator. Observe and report suspicious activity and/or freight. Physically inspect the different compartments of the aircraft (i.e. bellies, top deck, etc) to ensure that the plane is “secured.” Challenge unauthorized individuals. GSC Person-to-Person “Handoff.”
1. Comply with all safety aspects, specific practices and procedures of the work scope and position(s).
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety Manual
3. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company and report any Safety Hazards.
4. Required to learn and understand Dangerous Goods Transportation requirements.
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered and report those, that you are unable to personally correct, to a supervisor.
1. Comply with all security practices, policies and procedures as trained.
2. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
1. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
2. Ensure adherence to procedures that promote the health and welfare of all employees.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small objects and print or write legibly.
2. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which may frequently exceed 70 pounds in a series of functional tests which clearly simulates the work environment.
3. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
4. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
5. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
1. Valid Driver’s license
1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
2. Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee.
He or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Everts Air Cargo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission compliant (EEOC) employer.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.