Warehouse Customer Service Agent Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Job ID
Warehouse Customer Service Agent job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Customer Service Agents are responsible for providing face-to-face customer service while completing freight acceptance, documentation, and storage duties. Customer Service Agents are responsible for following all Everts Air Cargo (EAC) policies and procedures while completing daily duties involving mail induction, cargo consolidation and storage, and aircraft loading and unloading. Customer Service Agents work in the warehouse, on the ramp, and occasionally in EAC aircraft throughout the year -- in a wide variety of conditions. Customer Service Agents handle customer inquiries and requests and must forward them on to Load Masters and Customer Service and/or Cargo Leads to be adequately addressed. Completion of assigned duties is accomplished by EAC’s Cargo Agents while primarily using company equipment.
Essential Customer Service Agent I Functions:
1. Interact with customers while loading and unloading their vehicles using a variety of specialized equipment including pallet jacks, forklifts and specialized attachments such as pallet pullers and carpet picks.
2. Document freight accepted into EAC’s transportation system using freight receipt sheets and pre-printed air waybills.
3. Complete relevant freight acceptance and storage duties, including labeling, consolidation, and use of EAC’s computerized air waybill system.
4. Organizing freight intake areas, including inventorying and maintaining adequate stocks of destination labels, freight receipt sheets, Shipper’s Declarations of hazardous materials, and filing air waybills.
5. Provide sufficient protection of tendered freight by shrink wrapping, bagging and properly storing shipments.
6. Maintain a clean and hazard-free workplace, including sweeping warehouse and ramp areas, disposing of broken pallets and used shrink wrap, and emptying trash cans.
Essential Backhaul Specialist Functions:
1. Coordinate backhaul freight check-in including notification for Leads and Load Masters of aircraft arrival times, assisting with off-loading freight and properly storing it.
2. Ensure all backhaul-related documentation is complete and accurate (including manifests, air waybills, check-in logs, and missing freight logs).
3. Assist the Freight Storage Specialist(s) with coordination of backhaul storage and maintaining an accurate inventory of backhaul freight awaiting pick-up.
4. Communicate with the Cargo Supervisor and Cargo Manager to address any on-going trends with regard to backhaul procedures and outstation performance.
Essential Freight Storage Specialist Functions:
1. Conduct walk-around audits identifying on-hand freight storage issues such as missed freight, long-term storage availability (including rack, mezzanine, connex and ramp space), and ramp organization.
2. Communicate with the Customer Service Lead regarding the amount of available space and condition of freight storage areas.
3. Maintain an accurate, up-to-date inventory of all freight stored in connexs and mezzanines.
4. Assist Load Masters in organization and reorganization of freight in the long-term storage areas including advanced gathering and consolidation of freight known to be scheduled for a specific flight.
5. Ensure all non-routine freight is aircraft compatible with regard to banding, height and dunnage requirements.
1. Comply with all safety aspects of your position.
Revised 11/30/2016 Page 2 of 2
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety Manual (OSM).
3. Follow all Company practices and procedures.
4. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company and report any Safety Hazards.
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered and report those that you can’t personally correct to a supervisor.
1. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small objects and print or write legibly.
2. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which may frequently exceed 70 pounds in a series of functional tests which clearly simulates the work environment.
3. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
4. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
5. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
2. Requires the ability to maintain excellent customer/station agent relations, and to deal effectively with irate customers.
3. Requires a courteous, helpful, and poised phone manner and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Requires the ability to make determinations quickly and under pressure.
5. Requires good organizational, attention to detail, and record keeping skills and also the ability to maintain current and updated information. Requires the ability to input and retrieve information from a database.
6. Requires the ability to type 45+ wpm, as required by location.
7. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time and the ability to operate a computer keyboard and screen for extended periods of time as required by location.
8. Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, such as talking on the phone, data entry, and data retrieval.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.