Parts Purchasing Clerk Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $16.00 - $18.00
- Job ID
Parts Purchasing Clerk job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Purchase parts, consumables, shop supplies, and miscellaneous items for Part 121,125 and 135 certificate aircraft along with items for Everts Air Cargo on a daily basis.
1. Utilize ILS and Parts Base to search for parts and locate best pricing prior to purchasing parts, consumables, shop supplies, and other miscellaneous items.
2. Create purchase orders in CALM database after approval by Parts Manager or Director of Maintenance.
3. Call vendors when needed to expedite orders.
4. Order and track all shop supply orders.
5. Ensure all vendors currently used are an approved vendor.
6. Obtain shipping quotes for all shipments to or from Fairbanks via (Yellow, Echo, FedEx, USPS, Gold Streak, or RAVN).
7. Prepare Hazardous Shipment Declarations for hazardous items shipped out.
8. Prepare all boot purchases for Everts Air Cargo employees.
9. Assist accounting with any invoice or coding questions.
10.Assist with expediting as needed.
11.Assist with Comat as needed.
12.Maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and stockroom floor area.
13.Ensure work area is kept neat in appearance and orderly.
1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
2. Requires good organizational, attention to detail, and record keeping skills and also the
ability to maintain current and updated information. Requires the ability to input and
retrieve information from a database.
3. Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, such as talking on the phone,
data entry and data retrieval.
4. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.