Assistant Director of Maintenance Urgent
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Annual Salary $100,000.00
- Job ID
Assistant Director of Maintenance job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Asst. DOM supports the constant airworthiness of the maintenance operation; aircraft, engines, and related components, operated by Everts Air Cargo under FAR Part 121. The ADM will provide maintenance direction, oversight and leadership of daily aircraft maintenance and ensure efficient maintenance production, coordination, and communication. The ADM will interact closely with Maintenance Leadership, Cargo Services, Load Control and Flight Following and make informed decisions regarding aircraft planning, maintenance performed, and employee staffing and oversight. This position coordinates daily with flight operations and cargo services regarding aircraft availability, flight scheduling and maintenance projections.
1. Responsible for assisting the Director of Maintenance directing the priorities and activities of aircraft maintenance, maintenance control, maintenance planning, maintenance training contract GSE, and Parts.
2. Assists with the continual development and improvement of Base Maintenance, Parts, Records, and Inspections. Involvement in planning and scheduling of maintenance functions to include repair, overhaul, line, heavy, and contract maintenance as required to maintain effective operations.
3. Works with the DOM to ensure all personnel are trained in accordance with Everts approved maintenance training programs. Oversee Maintenance Training and Development to ensure training resources are in place, implemented, tracked, and refined to provide maximum benefit to employees and the organization.
4. Oversee MRO contracts, ongoing projects, planning, negotiations and follow through.
5. Participate in recruitment and retention initiatives to proactively staff locations to meet maintenance demands.
6. Oversee productivity and compliance of employees in the hangar and on the ramp, regarding department work standards, work hours and shifts. Supervises, directs, hires, trains, disciplines, coaches, and conducts performance reviews of maintenance employees. Anticipates and responds to changes in maintenance schedules, station workforce requirements, and operational priorities. Responsible for the oversight of the shift change turnover processes. Ensures proper support is available for maintenance. Responsible for coordination with HR/Payroll for correct and timely completion of paperwork. Assists with company manuals.
7. Plan, organize, implement, direct and review department financial administration.
8. Create and foster a culture that values safety, learning and is conducive to excellence. Establishes and ensures compliance with standard procedures for the purchase, overhaul, inspection and repair of aircraft, engines, and components. Audits practices to ensure they work effectively.
9. As requested by the DOM, acts as a liaison on all aircraft maintenance concerns and planning between Everts Air and the FAA, ensuring familiarity, and compliance with FARs, Operational Specifications and EAC General Maintenance Manual and Maintenance Bulletins.
10. Participates as a member of the Aircraft Planning Team to forecast availability, plan, and schedule maintenance, and communicate aircraft status, availability, and planning to all departments. Reviews and responds to Maintenance delays and system problems. Develops and implements changes to eliminate recurrence of systemic problems. Coordinates with other departments to plan and schedule aircraft maintenance.
11. Maintains close oversight over the Parts Department to ensure effective and economic use of resources, staffing and accountability. Ensures all procurement and parts staff are well informed and working in sync.
12. Perform other duties as the situation dictates.
1. Valid Driver’s license and Passport
2. Airframe and Powerplant License
1. Four-year college degree in a technical field, or equivalent work experience, or any combination of education and experience that enables one to perform the job functions and responsibilities.
2. Hold a mechanic certificate with airframe and powerplant ratings and ability to meet the requirements of 14 CFR 119.65(a)(4), 121.369(a) and qualified in accordance with 14CFR Part 119.67(c).
3. Minimum of 1 year of experience in a supervisory capacity under FAR 119-20 (c)(4)(ii) and 3 years’ experience within the past 6 years in one or a combination of (i) and (ii) above.
4. Extensive knowledge of FAA certification requirements, manual development, operations specifications, FAA procedures, Aircraft flight manuals and Company flight manuals related to technical data appropriate to company aircraft operations.
5. Must be flexible and able to adapt to change and lead employees accordingly.
6. Strong verbal and writing skills. Excellent listening, team building and conflict resolution skills.
7. Ability to work extra hours when necessary. Some travel may be required. Must be insurable under company insurance coverage.
8. Prefer a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience.
Everts Air Cargo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission compliant (EEOC) employer.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.