Assistant Director of Operations
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Annual Salary $110,000.00
- Job ID
Assistant Director of Operations job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Assistant Director of Operations reports to the Director of Operations and is expected to work as a team to provide management oversite and innovative solutions to the regulatory challenges experienced in today’s dynamic airline industry. All initiatives will be vetted through the airline’s safety management system, with emphasis on policies and standards which ensure the maintenance and compliance of company manuals with respect to changing regulatory requirements. This person is expected to be ready to carry out the Director of Operation’s responsibilities when required.
Compensation:$110,000 + Depending on Experience
- Maintain management operational control of company aircraft as assigned by assisting in the oversight of flight activities, scheduling, and flight release of all company aircraft in accordance with FAA approved operations specifications and pertinent company manuals.
- Communicates with the FAA and NTSB when assigned by the Director of Operations on operations matters pertaining to Everts Air Cargo. Has the authority to act for the Certificate Holder regarding EAC, including signing off FAA correspondence and operations specifications when so delegated by the Director of Operations.
- Maintain qualifications for at least one position as PIC in company aircraft.
- Review Company manual revisions and ensure the content of manuals and the appropriate interface within the manual system.
- Knowledgeable of and may conduct functions which may be required of the Chief Pilot position.
- Duties as required by the Everts Air Emergency Response Manual.
- Ensure adherence to procedures that promote the health and welfare of all employees.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values that the Company has developed, and ensure adherence to the Everts leadership manual and employee handbook.
- Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must hold an airline transportation pilot certificate.
- Requires the ability to coordinate with and work for a variety of Management personnel and must be self-motivated, organized, and comfortable with frequent change.
- Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
- Requires high level of organizational skills, attention to detail, and record keeping skills and also the ability to maintain current and updated information.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word, Access, Outlook, and Excel.
- Must have at least 3 years of supervisory or managerial experience within the last 6 years in a position that has exercised operational control over any operations conducted with large airplanes under part 121 or part 135.
- For the first time ever as a Director of Operations, a person must have 3 years experience within the last 6 years as a PIC in a Part 135 or Part 121 operation.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please refer to Avjobs when applying for this position.
B 727 First Officers Zero G Corporation Fairbanks AK
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 121 Fairbanks AK
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 125 Fairbanks AK
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Helper Part 121 Fairbanks AK
Aircraft Maintenance Inspector Fairbanks AK
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Helper Part 125 Fairbanks AK
Ramp Services Specialist Fairbanks AK
Accounts Payable Clerk Fairbanks AK
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Job Feed
- News Feed