Safety Coordinator Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $23.00
- Job ID
Safety Coordinator job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the occupational, environmental, and aviation safety programs at the Anchorage station. Daily interaction with Anchorage station employees is expected. Ensuring safety reports are expeditiously processed and communicated to management is essential. Providing a customer-service focused safety approach to the rest of the team is part of the job – the ability to communicate safety and security policies, agendas, regulations, and initiatives in a clear, concise, and diplomatic fashion is very important, and public speaking will be required. Enthusiasm and the ability to encourage others in maintaining a safe operation is paramount to this position. Aviation knowledge is not essential to start – the individual will be trained.
Compensation: Starting at $23.00 p/hr
Schedule: M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM
Requisition ID: 486941607
- Work with leadership staff on all safety- and security-related items.
- Attend all facility management meetings as a company safety representative.
- Conduct Safety Audits at the Anchorage (ANC) and Palmer (PAQ) stations.
- Distribute safety information as part of Everts’ safety promotion activities.
- Assist with the safety reporting process and participate in safety-related investigations for all events that occur at the ANC facility.
- Conduct other investigations as directed by the Director of Safety.
- Upkeep of safety databases such as the SDS program.
- Participate in the monthly Safety Committee meeting.
- Assemble and conduct the annual Safety Survey on behalf of the company.
- Compiling safety data and presenting it to the Safety Committee.
- Act as a liaison between the Safety Department and Departmental Leadership in developing corrective actions for identified hazards.
- Work closely with the Occupational and Environmental Safety Manager to ensure compliance with the ANC station’s SWPPP Program and state EPA permits.
- Work closely with the Director of Safety and Quality Manager to ensure compliance with airport and air carrier security policies.
- Conduct training sessions on safety-related topics as assigned.
- Assist ANC Leadership staff to ensure the operation follows all regulatory and company safety standards.
- Daily facility walk-throughs and inspections of the facility with observations reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Safety.
Required/Preferred Experience, Education & Skills
- Sufficient knowledge, skill, and ability to fully perform all duties described.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, flexible, self-motivated work style.
- Understanding of federal, state, and local laws regulating safety management.
- Good oral/written communication skills with the ability to bring teams together.
- Good public/employee relations skills, problem-solving, and analysis skills. Diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Background, education, and ongoing education in aviation or occupational safety fields preferred.
- Research, data collection, reporting skills.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at .
Maintenance Controller Anchorage AK
Cargo Load Master Anchorage AK
Ramp Services Specialist Anchorage AK
Part Time Janitor Anchorage AK
Warehouse Customer Service Agent Anchorage AK
Accounts Payable Clerk Fairbanks AK
Maintenance Controller Palmer AK
Assistant Director of Operations Fairbanks AK
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 125 Fairbanks AK
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Job Feed
- News Feed