- Anchorage, Alaska
- Job ID
Maintenance Lead job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
In addition to all duties of an A&P Mechanic, the Maintenance Lead supervises and directs aircraft maintenance.
1. Supervise and direct Aircraft Mechanics to ensure all daily preflight and general servicing is accomplished, direct line maintenance, provide OJT for mechanics, and other duties as assigned.
2. Responsible for turnover log to include review of log, prioritizing task, and log completion.
3. Ensure maintenance and inspections comply with IAW FAR’s and company manuals to include ensuring aircraft mechanics follow company manuals and policies, arrange for RII authorized personnel as needed, and provide OJT to aircraft mechanics and helper.
4. Coordinate with GSE Department for needed support.
5. Coordinate with other departments for needed resources.
6. Coordinate with Maintenance Supervisor for training needs.
1. Perform major and minor repairs or alterations to company aircraft including engine systems, flight controls, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, landing gear systems, and structural components.
2. Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
3. Disassemble and inspect parts and engines for wear, warping, or other defects such as cracks, breaks, or leaks.
4. Perform heavy checks, service checks, line maintenance pre-flights and troubleshooting.
5. Remove and install aircraft engines and propellers.
6. Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering or technical publications.
7. Execute towing, taxiing and engine run-up of aircraft.
8. Service and maintain aircraft systems.
9. Test engine and system operations.
10.Heat, deice, and refuel aircraft as required.
11.Launch and recover company aircraft.
12.Operate ground support equipment and performs minor maintenance as necessary.
13.Available for on-call contract maintenance as needed.
14.Document aircraft maintenance repairs and alterations IAW FAR’s using appropriate company forms.
15.Sign out serviceable aircraft parts and tag repairable parts removed from the aircraft engines or components.
16.Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine efficient methods of replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
17.Be familiar with all company manuals and AD notes. Periodically review maintenance bulletins.
1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
1. Valid Driver’s license
2. Airframe and/or Powerplant License
1. Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
2. It requires 1-3 years prior supervisory experience preferred, indicating prior advancement during this period.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Demonstrated problem solving expertise. Ability to motivate and develop employees.
5. It requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.