Customer Service Agent Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $16.00 - $18.00
- Job ID
Customer Service Agent job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Responsible for providing customer service, internal cargo support service, and community telephone sales outreach. Respond in a prompt, affirmatively courteous and friendly manner to encourage positive business relationships between Everts Air Alaska and its customers. Consistently maintain the EAA lobby area, coffee station and kitchenette for optimum customer service impact. Effectively perform assignments and manage work to meet established deadlines and performance goals.
1. Responsible for open and close procedures in the passenger lobby.
2. Be present and have the lobby area fully prepared prior to initial guest check-in.
3. Provide courteous and informed customer service at desk, by phone and in writing.
4. Execute freight airway bills and passenger tickets accurately via TakeFlite. Research airway bills or passenger tickets for accounting or customer use as needed.
5. Provide administrative support to Chief Pilot and/or Director of Operations.
6. Maintain cash drawer and accurately complete and submit Daily Sales Report (DSR).
7. Know, understand, and accurately facilitate all functions of TakeFlite.
8. Post Schedule and notify crew scheduler of next day’s schedule.
9. Maintain daily contact with village agents via phone, email, and recordings regarding flight status.
10. Prepare and submit supply orders to the receptionist.
11. Make reservations for passengers and communicate cargo processing instructions to customers.
12. Coordinate flight and load status updates with Cargo department.
13. Obtain and communicate upcoming charter quote information to the Director of Operations/Chief Pilot.
14. Work with Sales and Operations to produce and disseminate customer charter quotes.
15. Conduct monthly Accounts Payable weight verification/audit for each location.
16. Conduct and submit Accounting Daily Sales Report verification, including check and deposit slip copies.
17. Review and follow through on past due accounts, report received from Accounts Receivable.
18. Pursue timely collection of accounts by phone and written contact.
19. Update CSA workstation instructions on an ongoing basis as required by process changes.
20. Audit Freight/Mail numbers daily with Everts Air Cargo CSA’s.
21. Provide training to new hires or other company personnel as needed.
22. Keep copy machine supplied and request additional supplies and service when needed.
23. Keep Everts Air Alaska lobby neat, clean, and tidy.
24. Keep coffee station stocked, clean, and coffee made. Routinely clean kitchenette and coffee machine.
25. Serve as a back-up to the Lower 48 Administrative Assistant.
26. Perform other duties as assigned to include assisting other Everts Air Departments.
27. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
28. Additional administrative duties that might be assigned by the Director of Operations or the Chief Pilot.
1. Requires the ability to understand, retain and deliver information verbally and written.
2. Requires the ability to maintain excellent customer/station agent relations, and to deal effectively with irate
3. Requires a courteous, helpful, and poised phone manner and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Requires the ability to make determinations quickly and under pressure.
5. Requires good organizational, accurate, attention to detail and record keeping skills and the ability to maintain
current and updated information.
6. Requires the ability to input and retrieve information from a database.
7. Requires computer knowledge, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
8. Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, such as talking on the phone, data entry and data retrieval
as well as listen to someone in person provide information.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.