Facility Maintenance & GSE Manager MIA Featured
- Miami, Florida
- Job ID
Facility Maintenance GSE Manager MIA job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Miami FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Facility Maintenance Manager is responsible for maintaining the facility's mechanical systems and appearance, assuring a high level of quality and safety along with managing the GSE department and is responsible for the operational oversight and performance of the GSE department. He/she carries out this responsibility by building customer relationships, operating his/her department at maximum productivity, creating a good work environment, and properly managing the assets of the department. This individual will also require problem-solving and analytical skills; time-management skills; maintenance experience; familiarity with building systems and maintenance, and grounds maintenance; Also required are budgeting skills; interpersonal and communication skills; multi-tasking skills; organizational and planning skills; leadership skills; ability to guide and motivate employees.
Responsibility and Duties:
- Maintain facility's HVAC systems, make repairs, or recommend repairs to VP of Business Operations.
- Repair and maintain lighting systems, plumbing fixtures, electrical systems, Fire Protection and Alarms.
- Maintain hangars floors and coatings. Make recommendations on repairs to VP of Business Operations.
- Monitor and maintain hangar door motors, controls, and safety alarms.
- Keep records of all facility maintenance performed. Make recommendations to VP of Business Operations on mechanical systems scheduled services.
- Coordinate the use of contractors for facility repairs as needed.
- Inspect outside structures and systems such as lighting fixtures, pavement condition, security gates and fences, signs, and utility services. Arranges repairs, as necessary.
- Responsible for facility's safety compliance with OSHA regulations regarding mechanical systems.
- Maintain and control storage and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste in accordance with EPA rules and regulations.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Perform periodic checks and Audits of all facility equipment and document findings.
- The planning, direction, and coordination of activities within his department, and the planning of its activities in conjunction with other departments, as required.
- Assures that all personnel under their management follow the company’s prescribed safety practices in the performance of their duties.
- Responsible for interviews, tests, and hires for personnel requirements in their department.
- Monitors progress and determine new employee acceptability during probationary period.
- Training and assisting subordinates in the proper work procedures and practices to be followed.
- Ascertaining that the responsible technicians properly execute all necessary maintenance entries on maintenance forms used by the repair station.
- Oversee quality of work performed by technicians.
- To ensure that the department is kept in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure that the Company’s Turnover Log is being utilized and properly filled out in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure that the personnel under their management follow all applicable Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure the customer’s requirements for manning and material are fulfilled in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that the company’s equipment, material, and manpower time are being properly documented In Hippo CMMS
- Ensure Customer Billing is completed in a timely manner and sent to accounting for billing to the customers.
- Performs/Assists with periodic Audits as needed form external and internal customers.
- Provides and Documents Initial OJT training for all new staff.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Current Valid Driver’s License.
- Able to Pass Airport Security Background Checks.
- Travels for work as required.
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Able to Read and Write in English.
- Comprehend and understand basic electrical and mechanical diagrams
- Comprehend and understand basic measuring tools
- Owns basic hand tools
- Professional with great sales and customer service skills.
- Flexible Schedule
- Frequently lifting and carrying heavy items of at least but not limited to 70lbs.
- Works in varying weather conditions, indoors and outdoors.
- Works on back and under vehicles and equipment for extended periods.
- Works overhead on vehicles and equipment for extended periods.
- Works standing for extended periods of times.
- Frequently required to bend, stand, climb or walk.
- Must be able to work safely in an environment containing caustic chemicals, cleaning materials, and noise.
- Willingness to assist persons with a wide range of requests and needs.
- 5 + years relevant experience desired
- 3 + years in a leadership role
- Diesel and Gas maintenance experience preferred
- Fleet maintenance and medium duty equipment experience preferred
- Aircraft Ground Service Equipment maintenance and repair experience preferred
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.