Aircraft QC Inspector Large Commercial Aircraft
- Hebron, Kentucky
- Job ID
Aircraft QC Inspector Large Commercial Aircraft job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Hebron KY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
The QC Inspector completes evaluations of aircraft, engines, and components to determine their condition against established standards and performs inspections of work completed by Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMT) to verify compliance with approved data. The Inspector performs work within budgeted time and within FEAM, FAA, NAA and customers’ standards of quality. The Aircraft Inspector is responsible for the effectiveness of FEAM’s inspection function, ensuring compliance with FAA, NAA Regulations and Customer requirements, and meeting customer quality expectations. Not limited to;
• Contributes to company safety by maintaining high standards of aeronautical workmanship and inspection standards.
• The Inspectors are responsible to the Director of Quality & Training for the efficient and economical determination of the airworthiness of the aircraft maintenance work and will assign them to do the following. For reporting purposes, the Inspectors report to the Chief Inspector.
• Perform inspection function for aircraft, including power plant, materials parts, and subassemblies. These functions do not necessarily include the inspection of these materials arts and sub-assemblies normally required to be performed by a technician to accomplish his own work.
• Review the aircraft and engine logbooks at all checks and list all pilot reports and deferred maintenance items on the appropriate work cards.
• Perform required inspection functions during all checks such as airframe and engine inspections called out on routine work cards. Perform buy back inspections on major items or non-routine work items.
Qualifications and requirements:
• 5+ years of aircraft maintenance experience.
• Current A&P license
• Experience on the following aircraft types B747, B767, B777 (preferred).
• Previous aircraft QC inspection experience a plus.
• Must be flexible and willing to work any shift.
• Must be flexible and willing to work overtime (as requested).
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• US citizenship or permanent resident alien status is required.
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Job Type: Full-time / Hourly
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.