B1 EASA Licensed Engineer with AP certificate Urgent
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Job ID
B1 EASA Licensed Engineer with AP certificate job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Engineer is responsible for ensuring an aircraft operates properly and safely. A maintenance engineer may make repairs, troubleshoot problems, conduct inspections and make upgrades to aircrafts. Daily duties may include keeping records of and performing scheduled maintenance, making emergency repairs, or preparing for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) inspections. An engineer works with specialized aviation and power tools, computers, diagnostic equipment and x-ray machines. While working, he or she may climb ladders or stand on scaffolds, manage other maintenance staff or spend long hours on emergency repairs. Maintenance engineers must carefully observe all FAA rules and regulations when performing any job duty.
- Perform maintenance, both scheduled and emergency
- Dismantle, inspect, test, repair and reassemble aircraft engines
- Install electrical circuits
- Test aircraft communication equipment, aircraft instrumentation, and electronic systems
- Replace and test aircraft oxygen system components
- Assemble parts and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- Conduct routine preflight inspections of engines and mechanical systems
- Keep and maintain detailed records of the maintenance performed
- Supervising the assembly of aircraft systems and engines
- Testing aircraft to measure performance and identify areas for improvement
- Investigating problems with aircraft or the causes of accidents
- Creating reports for clients and providing technical advice
- Maintaining aircraft and carrying out regular inspections
- Maintain company facilities and equipment as directed by the leadership team. This includes ordering parts and supplies as needed.
- Must be familiar with all relevant safety and security rules and procedures
- Responsible to his / her immediate supervisor for the accomplishment of all work assigned to him in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements and specifications established by the Company, applicable government agencies, and the manufacturers as contained in the approved Maintenance Manuals.
- Will perform all work assigned to him in accordance with approved Company maintenance procedures, for recording the work performed, and for assuming responsibility for that work as indicated by his signature.
- Will report immediately to his supervisor any un-airworthy conditions discovered in the performance of his duties.
- Will perform all work assigned to him / her in a safe manner and will report immediately to his/her supervisor any unsafe conditions discovered.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Managers.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must pass airport security background checks and travel for work as required.
- Must have Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- He / She must hold the appropriate licenses.
- Shall possess the knowledge and ability necessary to perform routine and other work required.
- Maintains adequate knowledge to understand and follow the repair facility’s inspection procedures manual.
- Exhibits positive, courteous behavior with customers, businesses and co-workers.
- Assists co-workers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work from height and in precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Frequent exposure to loud noises produced from engines, APU’s etc
- Occasionally exposed to loud noise (Engines running).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College or University 2/4-year degree preferred
- Must have a Current Valid Driver’s License
- B-1 EASA License is required
- Must have a valid FAA A&P License
- Experience in analyzing and developing troubleshooting plans is a must.
- Experienced in one or more of the following system disciplines:
- Powerplant; JT9, CF6-80A & CF6-80C2 engine experience.
- Avionics to include system diagnostic troubleshooting, wiring checks, pitot-static fault isolation, auto-flight systems, etc.
- Aircraft Pneumatic systems
- Aircraft Hydraulic systems
- Aircraft Electrical systems
- Aircraft ECS systems
- B1 Level, B747-400 & B747-8 other ratings are a benefit
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.