QC Chief Inspector CVG Urgent
- Earlanger, Kentucky
- Job ID
QC Chief Inspector CVG job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Earlanger KY
Description, duties, responsibilities
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance/Engineering is currently seeking an experienced QC Chief Inspector to join our team at the CVG facility in Erlanger, KY.
We pride ourselves on consistently exceeding our customers’ expectations and creating lifelong relationships with our clientele.
JOB TYPE: Full- Time
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Director of Quality, the Quality Control Chief Inspector is responsible for the efficient and economic determination of the airworthiness of the aircraft maintenance work and contact with all other QC Inspectors. He / She will contribute to company safety by maintaining high standards of aeronautical workmanship and inspection standards. The Quality Control Chief Inspector will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to administer all aspects of the quality control program to meet both company and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Monitors performance and attendance of Inspection personnel.
• Provides guidance and corrective action counseling as required to Inspection personnel.
• Creates and maintains the work schedule of Inspectors in support of Maintenance and Customer needs.
• Ensures that employees assigned to perform each task have documented training to meet all Repair Station, Customer, Federal, State and Local training requirements.
• Monitors compliance with procedures for the receipt, inspection, and storage of parts used in the overhaul and repair of components handled in the repair station.
• Maintains clear, open dialogue with Maintenance and ensures Inspection provides support of Maintenance activities. Ensures those activities comply with regulatory requirements and company procedures.
• Ensures regular communication with Director of Quality in support of Quality Systems and the overall health of the Inspection Team.
• Promotes aviation safety by ensuring airworthy and quality aircraft maintenance and serves as one of the liaisons between FAA and the Repair Station.
• Assures all FAA, other federal regulations, and state and local laws are adhered to, as applicable.
• Assists in the development and administration of the company’s Quality Systems as required.
• Assists and promotes FEAM’s continuous improvement culture.
• Assists the Director of Quality in the Corrective Action Program as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have strong team-building and organizational skills with the ability to set and meet deadlines. Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast- paced environment with constantly shifting priorities. Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. Possess proficiency with MS Office products (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Be able to work under adverse conditions in a production / aircraft maintenance environment. Working knowledge of continuous improvement tools and common repair practices. Root cause investigation and analysis basic knowledge. Familiarity with compliance to engineering technical data for aircraft components. Well-versed in current safety policies and procedures.
REQUIREMENT: Three years’ experience in aerospace industry quality related roles. Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 145 & 121 operations and environment.
• Experience with Quality Assurance, inspection techniques, document control, corrective and preventative actions, continuous improvement, risk management.
• College or University 2/4-year degree preferred
• Aviation Management, Safety or related field; preferred
• FAA A&P certificate required
• Prior experience as a Chief Inspector is preferred
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.