Fleet Mechanic Lead CVG Featured
- Erlanger, Kentucky
- Job ID
Fleet Mechanic Lead CVG job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Erlanger KY
Description, duties, responsibilities
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance/Engineering is currently seeking an experienced GSE Lead to join our team in Hebron, KY, US.
We pride ourselves on consistently exceeding our customers’ expectations and creating lifelong relationships with our clientele.
JOB TYPE: Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: The GSE Lead reports to the Facility Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the assisting the GSE operation and providing guidance and experience to GSE mechanics. The GSE Lead oversees the performance of all work for both internal and external customers. In the Absence of the GSE Lead a GSE Mechanic may assume the responsibilities of the GSE Lead.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordination of activities within the GSE department based on Supervisors direction.
- Ensures that personnel during their shift follow the company’s prescribed safety practices in the performance of their duties.
- Assist with properly training new mechanics for their job functions and performing OJT with new staff as needed.
- Assists with providing quality work performed by staff on their shift.
- Works with the Facility Maintenance Manager to meet department goals and maintain costs.
- Prepares the set up for the next shift, coordinates work schedules and staffing for the GSE department.
- Assists with GSE mechanics professional development and with following proper work procedures and practices.
- Responsible for completing all associated forms and reports for GSE Services such as but not limited to billing, accidents, audits, training, service checks and inventories.
- Ensure the GSE shop is maintained in a neat and organized manner.
- Liaise with customer as required; ensuring proper work performance and customer needs are met.
- Prepares and sends out daily turnover to appropriate departments.
QUALIFICATIONS: Comprehend and understand basic electrical and mechanical diagrams, basic measuring tools, and owns basic hand tools. Must be able to read and write English. Must pass airport security background checks, have a flexible schedule, and travel for work as required. Must have Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities. Is professional with great sales and customer service skills. Frequently required to bend, stand, climb or walk. Must be able to work safely in an environment containing caustic chemicals, cleaning materials, and noise. Willingness to assist persons with a wide range of requests and needs.
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to work on back and under or overhead vehicles and equipment for extended periods. Frequently lifting and carrying heavy items of at least but not limited to 70lbs and stand for extended periods. Able to work in varying weather conditions, indoors and outdoors.
REQUIREMENT: Must have a Current Valid Driver’s License.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Diesel and Gas maintenance experience preferred
- Fleet maintenance and medium duty equipment experience preferred
- Aircraft Ground Service Equipment maintenance and repair experience preferred
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.