- Hebron, Kentucky
- Job ID
Tools Specialist job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Hebron KY
Description, duties, responsibilities
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance/Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Tools Specialist to join our team in Cincinnati, OH, US and Northern KY, US. We pride ourselves on consistently exceeding our customers’ expectations and creating lifelong relationships with our clientele.
JOB TYPE: Full- Time/Part-Time
JOB SUMMARY: The Tooling Specialist will be an individual who is responsible for ensuring proper tool control. The tool specialist is responsible for the supporting tools on the project. This includes selecting and acquiring tools. The tool specialist also configures and sets up the tools, and verifies that the tools work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains tool room organization to “5S” standard
- Maintains check out/in of all tooling & equipment
- Maintains LOTO tooling program to ensure tooling & equipment accountability prior to aircraft departures
- Maintains Atlas and FEAM calibration program for applicable tooling & equipment
- Operates various stores support equipment to move Atlas or FEAM materials and tools as required to other locations
- Creates Repair Orders or Atlas equivalent for tools and equipment to be calibrated or repaired.
- Receives and inspects tooling repair orders
- Update tools and reports in Atlas and FEAM tooling software systems
- Update tools and reports in FEAM share point.
- Request new or replacement tools
- Creates and maintains tooling kits as required
- Maintains defined record keeping system/s
- Tracks inventory and provides employees with shop items through distribution of company tools and supplies.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to work independently and achieve goals with little direct supervision. Good attendance record. Strong computer skills and understanding of Word, Excel, TRAX and Outlook with basic data entry skills. Takes direction in a positive manner. Team-player with exceptional communication skills. Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds. Capable to sit/stand and support shifts up to 12 hours with 3/4 - 4/3 shift pattern. Frequently required to stand, walk, utilize hand and finger dexterity, climb, balance, bend, or crawl.
REQUIREMENT: High School Diploma
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.