Aircraft Mechanic BWI
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanic BWI job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Baltimore MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance/Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Aircraft Mechanic to join our team in Baltimore, MD, US.
We pride ourselves on consistently exceeding our customers’ expectations and creating lifelong relationships with our clientele.
JOB TYPE: Full- Time
JOB SUMMARY: The Aircraft Mechanic is responsible to his / her immediate supervisor for the accomplishment of all work assigned in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements and specifications established by the Company, applicable government agencies, and the manufacturers as contained in the Approved Technical Publications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform Line maintenance (On-call and Scheduled) work on various customers' aircrafts.
- Perform routine maintenance and airworthiness releases (within scope of Approval) returning aircraft to service.
- Responsible for servicing, inspecting, and maintaining aircraft, aircraft engines, and associated components; effectively performs work to meet deadlines and performance goals.
- Troubleshoot systems; disassemble, repair, and reassemble sections and components to maintain full functioning equipment according to Approved Technical Data provided by the customer.
- Ensure all departing aircraft are safe in accordance with FAR’s and the air carrier/manufacturer manuals and all work performed is properly documented.
- Perform line maintenance duties, activities and maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Collaborate and communicate with the air carriers maintenance control center as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to frequently be required to stand, walk, continually utilize hand and finger dexterity, climb, balance, bend, or crawl; occasionally from height and in precarious places. Be able to frequently lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds. Aware he / she will be working near moving mechanical parts as well as around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals while exposed to loud noises. Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information. Be exposed to weather conditions outside as well as non-weather conditions such as extreme heat or cold. Must be able to read and write English. Must pass airport security background checks and travel for work as required. Must have Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Industry Competitive Compensation
- 4-day& 3-day Work Week available
- Medical Insurance, 401k & more competitive benefits
- Energetic & Technically Innovative Company Culture
- Paid Vacation Time & Sick Days
- Paid Technical Training
REQUIREMENT: Must have a Current Valid Driver’s License & valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant License.
- 2+ years’ experience on wide body commercial aircraft. 40 hour 767-200/300 Gen Fam required.
- Avionics experience a plus
- 2+ years’ experience recent line maintenance, emphasis on troubleshooting, daily and turn checks, ability to work in fast paced dynamic environment
- Customer facing skills, ability to work with flight crew and interact in a professional manner
- Independent and self-motivated ability to work without direct supervision
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts to include nights and weekends to meet customer demand.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.