Materials Specialist Urgent
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Job ID
Materials Specialist job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Cincinnati OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Material Specialist is responsible for the safe handling and processing of aircraft material as required by company, regulatory requirements, and best practices. To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company manual, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
- Receiving, binning, shipping and issuing of materials and aircraft parts.
- Create Repair Orders for unserviceable parts as directed by Repairs Department and current contracts.
- Ensure parts and materials are available for daily maintenance workload.
- Process serviceable and unserviceable aircraft part returns as required.
- Perform receiving inspection functions on behalf of Quality Control under the oversight of Material Manager or Supervisor.
- Responsible to execute monthly and weekly tasks as assigned such as Calibration & Shelf-Life review, Cycle/Inventory counts.
- Utilize computer system to maintain and update inventory in a timely manner.
- Monitors shipping and station supplies; advises Supervisor of shortages and requirements.
- Coordinate with Materials on parts required for assigned maintenance tasks at assigned station.
- Frequent: lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of moderately heavy weight objects (up to 70 pounds); Operate a forklift to load and unload parts and materials, driving through city traffic to make pick-ups and deliveries or conduct field inventories.
- Additional tasks as assigned by Materials Manager or Supervisor.
- Subject to call back, standby, and working flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- Determine appropriate stocking levels at all distribution centers and line stations.
- Calculate reorder points for materials.
- Assist with reorder point updates.
- Review planned maintenance for material requirements and develop a plan to support the maintenance schedule.
- Receive and properly tag customer parts and materials as required.
- Update customer’s inventory tracking system as required.
- Must have clean driving record and possess valid driver license
- Must be able to pass ten-year background check and obtain airport security badge
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with Excel and Outlook.
- One (1) year experience in inventory, warehousing, distribution or related functions preferred.
- Previous airline or MRO experience preferred.
- Previous experience with computer-based inventory systems preferred.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.