Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Ramp Transport Driver Am Tuesday To Saturday $2182
COMPANY: FedEx Express
JOB TITLE: Ramp Transport Driver AM Tuesday to Saturday $21.82
JOB REQUISITION NUMBER: RC9873
CATEGORY: Courier/Tractor-Trailer Driver
JOB FAMILY: FXE-US: Driver
TIME TYPE: Part Time
Bronx New York
To Drive Tractor-Trailer Vehicle To Designated Locations And Operate Mechanized Loading/Unloading Equipment. Schedule and Shift - Tuesday to Saturday 04:15 AM to 10:15 AM (Saturday 08:00 PM to 04:00 AM) Pay rate $21.82
Hs Diploma/Ged 6 Months Fedex Express Exp Pref. Class A Cdl LearnerS Permit Or Class A Cdl ReqD Prior To Submitting App For The Rtd Position. Must Be Able To Obtain Proper Licenses and Endorsements Within 30 Days Of Training and Placement Into This Job Before Being Allowed To Operate The Vehicle Without A Class A Cdl Licensed Driver In The Vehicle. 3 Yrs Of Commercial Driving Pref. Ability To Drive Manual Transmission Pref. Ability To Operate Mechanized Loading/Gse. Ability To Lift 75 Lbs. Ability To Manuever Pkgs Of Any Weight 75 Lbs With Appropriate Equipment And/Or Assistance From Another Person. Cust Contact and Pckge Handling Exp Pref. Good Human Relations and Verbal Comm Skills. Neat Appearance Since Customer Contact Is Invovled. Must Meet All Other Quals Outlined In Sec 391 Of The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regs. Requires Medical Exam In Accordance With Fmcsa Or Faa Regs. Subject To Regulatory Alcohol 7 Drug Testing Which Includes Testing For Marijuana Pcp Amphetamines Cocaine And Opiates. Effectively Communicate Verbally In A Time Sensitive Manner In Noisy Operaitons Environment.
FedEx Express is an EEO/AA employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of race color religion national origin citizenship genetic information age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications) sex pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition) disability sexual orientation gender identity gender expression marital status military leave or service status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status participation in EEO protected activity any other status protected by federal state or local law or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.
FedEx Express is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
If you are applying in Philadelphia PA you can click below to learn about Philadelphias fair chance hiring law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance FedEx Express will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEW YORK CORRECTION LAW
LICENSURE AND EMPLOYMENT OF PERSONS PREVIOUSLY CONVICTED OF ONE OR MORE CRIMINAL OFFENSES
Section 750. Definitions.
752. Unfair discrimination against persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses prohibited.
753. Factors to be considered concerning a previous criminal conviction; presumption.
754. Written statement upon denial of license or employment.
750. Definitions. For the purposes of this article the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Public agency" means the state or any local subdivision thereof or any state or local department agency board or commission.
(2) "Private employer" means any person company corporation labor organization or association which employs ten or more persons.
(3) "Direct relationship" means that the nature of criminal conduct for which the person was convicted has a direct bearing on his fitness or ability to perform one or more of the duties or responsibilities necessarily related to the license opportunity or job in question.
(4) "License" means any certificate license permit or grant of permission required by the laws of this state its political subdivisions or instrumentalities as a condition for the lawful practice of any occupation employment trade vocation business or profession. Provided however that "license" shall not for the purposes of this article include any license or permit to own possess carry or fire any explosive pistol handgun rifle shotgun or other firearm.
(5) "Employment" means any occupation vocation or employment or any form of vocational or educational training. Provided however that "employment" shall not for the purposes of this article include membership in any law enforcement agency.
751. Applicability. The provisions of this article shall apply to any application by any person for a license or employment at any public or private employer who has previously been convicted of one or more criminal offenses in this state or in any other jurisdiction and to any license or employment held by any person whose conviction of one or more criminal offenses in this state or in any other jurisdiction preceded such employment or granting of a license except where a mandatory forfeiture disability or bar to employment is imposed by law and has not been removed by an executive pardon certificate of relief from disabilities or certificate of good conduct. Nothing in this article shall be construed to affect any right an employer may have with respect to an intentional misrepresentation in connection with an application for employment made by a prospective employee or previously made by a current employee.
752. Unfair discrimination against persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses prohibited. No application for any license or employment and no employment or license held by an individual to which the provisions of this article are applicable shall be denied or acted upon adversely by reason of the individuals having been previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses or by reason of a finding of lack of "good moral character" when such finding is based upon the fact that the individual has previously been convicted of one or more criminal offenses unless:
(1) There is a direct relationship between one or more of the previous criminal offenses and the specific license or employment sought or held by the individual; or
(2) the issuance or continuation of the license or the granting or continuation of the employment would involve an unreasonable risk to property or to the safety or welfare of specific individuals or the general public.
753. Factors to be considered concerning a previous criminal conviction; presumption. 1. In making a determination pursuant to section seven hundred fifty-two of this chapter the public agency or private employer shall consider the following factors:
(a) The public policy of this state as expressed in this act to encourage the licensure and employment of persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses.
(b) The specific duties and responsibilities necessarily related to the license or employment sought or held by the person.
(c) The bearing if any the criminal offense or offenses for which the person was previously convicted will have on his fitness or ability to perform one or more such duties or responsibilities.
(d) The time which has elapsed since the occurrence of the criminal offense or offenses.
(e) The age of the person at the time of occurrence of the criminal offense or offenses.
(f) The seriousness of the offense or offenses.
(g) Any information produced by the person or produced on his behalf in regard to his rehabilitation and good conduct.
(h) The legitimate interest of the public agency or private employer in protecting property and the safety and welfare of specific individuals or the general public.
2. In making a determination pursuant to section seven hundred fifty-two of this chapter the public agency or private employer shall also give consideration to a certificate of relief from disabilities or a certificate of good conduct issued to
Employers Job# RC9873-en-us
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
Ramp Transport Driver Am Tuesday To Saturday 2182 job at FedEx Express
Apply for this Ramp Transport Driver Am Tuesday To Saturday $2182 position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.