Avionics System Engineer Featured
- Cedar Park, Texas
- Job ID
Avionics System Engineer job at Firefly Aerospace in Cedar Park TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace is a U.S. based advanced space technology developmental organization focusing on the leading edge of space systems progression. We are committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design manufacture and operation of reliable launch vehicles.
If you are great at what you do and would like to work with people who really want to make a difference then Firefly is the place for you.
Avionics systems engineer who is responsible for the design integration test and verification of the avionics system. In this role you would represent the avionics team during vehicle-level trades interfacing with other teams including propulsion and structures teams to determine system requirements and integration. Additionally you would be responsible for the design of the avionics system level test and integration facilities and the design and performing the system level tests. You would also be involved in the manufacturing assembly and test of the Alpha launch vehicle avionics through launch operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High-level functional design and development of avionics systems for the Alpha launch vehicle
- Perform daily management and design work for development and integration
- Develop system and component requirements and interfaces
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams to determine solutions for thermal and environmental management electrical interfaces system integration and test
- Support system-level hardware-in-the-loop development and test
- Support vehicle operations and testing
- Perform verification and validation processes for avionics systems including development and management of requirements.
- Organize and manage official qualification and acceptance campaigns for avionics components
KNOWLEDGE EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant project leadership experience with responsibility for tracking production testing and implementing multifaceted systems.
- Previous experience managing external supplier/contractor relationships.
- Ability to support hands on system level lab integration and test.
- Excellent understanding of principals of engineering across various disciplines.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of engineers to develop test troubleshoot and implement complex electromechanical systems
- Ability to work harmoniously in a high-performance team in a launch vehicle start-up environment
- Experienced professionals are encouraged to apply
- 5+ years of experience in Avionics development and integration
- Experience with avionics system design
- Experience with environmental testing thermal cycle t-vac vibration shock etc.
- Knowledge of or experience with MIL RCC and/or SMC standards
- Experience developing and maintaining detailed multi-tier schedules and program-level budgets
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools specifically Autodesk Inventor
- Experience with high-level design and operational understanding of electronic components (power supplies data acquisition systems networks RF systems)
- Experience in industry standard root cause corrective analysis techniques such as fault tree and fishbone analysis
- Knowledge of the design and operational aspects of launch vehicle Flight Termination Systems and/or experience with Eastern or Western Range requirements and processes
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen lawful permanent resident of the U.S. protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race color religion gender national origin/ethnicity veteran status disability status age sexual orientation gender identity marital status mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Firefly Aerospace Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.