Flight Operations Co Op Intern Summer 2021 Featured
- North Canton, Ohio
- Job ID
Flight Operations Co Op Intern Summer 2021 job at First Energy in North Canton OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Flight Operations Co-Op / Intern - Summer 2021
North Canton OH US 44720
Job Function: Aviation
Employee Type: Student Full Time
Requisition ID: 31292
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers lives brighter the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron Ohio FirstEnergy includes one of the nations largest investor-owned electric systems more than 24500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of 3780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co. a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
As a Professional Co-Op/Intern at FirstEnergy you will have an impact on the teams success. This position is designed to provide an environment that will provide you with an excellent opportunity to gain operational experience with respect to business aircraft and department functions. The broad array of department needs determines your current project list and can change priorities based on company needs. Flexibility organization collaboration and multi-tasking skills are essential to the success of working in this environment. You will rotate through the various job descriptions within the Flight Department to ensure a well-rounded exposure to all aspects of the department.
You will be responsible for gaining first-hand knowledge of business aircraft operations through the hands on observation (excluding flight deck duties) of all facets of FirstEnergy Flight Department. You can also expect to gain exposure and operational participation in the following department tasks:
- Flight Operations
- Assist Director Chief Pilot Assistant Chief Pilot Maintenance Manager Flight Logistics Lead and Safety Officer with various projects
- Initiating recommendations for process improvements
- Participation in aircraft maintenance and service functions
- Assist in aircraft and crew scheduling using flight management software
- Customer Service
- Perform analysis and create reports of various operations to include flights and passengers.
These reports will be used by the Director Flight Operations to determine the overall performance of the operation and to identify areas where improvement is needed. The intern will also be expected to creatively think about each project and develop new time-saving methods for completing each task.
- Become familiar with all aspects of the department.
The intern may not be given a detailed schedule of projects to complete but will be given the opportunity and freedom to explore each function and utilize the resources available to them for completing each task. This is done intentionally in order to give the intern the opportunity to witness the dynamic nature of corporate aviation.
- Final presentation and completion of binder.
- The intern will be expected to give a final presentation summarizing their experiences throughout the internship. They will also be required to compile a binder of all of the tasks and projects completed throughout the fall/spring quarters. Finally the intern is expected to provide feedback about the program of what they would change and what worked well in an effort to enhance the intern experience at FirstEnergy Flight Ops for the future.
- Must be enrolled in a 4 year accredited college/university with a major in Aeronautics Aviation Technology Aviation Management or closely related discipline
- Must have Sophomore or Junior standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Ability to commit to 2 intern rotations preferred
- Must be able to work without sponsorship both now and in the future
- Strong interest in becoming a Business Aviation professional (Management Operations Pilot Dispatcher/Aircraft Scheduler or Maintenance Technician)
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Excel Word) and overall computer skills
- Positive attitude and self-motivated work skills
- Professional curiosity with an eagerness to engage in learning opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to provide own housing and transportation during employment
- Able to complete airport background check for AOA badge (Ramp Access)
- Ability to get along well with others in a teamwork environment
- Professional curiosity and open attitude displaying willingness to learn
- Natural curiosity of corporate aviation operations and ability to see the larger picture
- Open to changes and agile in change management
- Exceptional time management skills and organization
- Completes projects in a timely manner
- Professional appearance and good verbal and written communication skills
- Social maturity
- Easy going personality and socially appropriate sense of humor
- Strong computer and analytical skills
Benefits Compensation and Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation a company-sponsored pension plan 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution a choice of medical prescription drug dental vision and life insurance programs as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race religion color national origin sex sexual orientation gender identity age status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools information and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves their co-workers our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment to maintain an accident-free injury-free workplace and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
First Energy Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.