Mgr Flight Maintenance Oh Featured
- North Canton, Ohio
- Job ID
Mgr Flight Maintenance Oh job at FirstEnergy in North Canton OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers lives brighter the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron Ohio FirstEnergy includes one of the nations largest investor-owned electric systems approximately 24500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions and a generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 5000 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co. a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The Manager Flight Maintenance is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all FirstEnergy aircraft equipment and facilities associated with their operation.
The position reports to the Director Flight Operations and is located at the Akron-Canton airport.
- Works to maintain a culture of safety with efficient procedures that support customer service
- Overseeing all maintenance of FirstEnergy aircraft whether accomplished in house or contracted to independent maintenance organizations
- Scheduling maintenance down time in order to have the least impact possible on the flight schedule
- Developing and implementing policies procedures and standards to assure that such maintenance is performed in compliance with all applicable CFRs and industry standards
- Monitoring maintenance practices and implementing procedures to reduce the possibility of human error when maintenance is performed
- Maintaining accurate and current records relating to the maintenance of company aircraft
- Scheduling any required or recommended training for maintenance personnel and ensuring that documentation of training completion is incorporated in individuals training records
- Overseeing the maintenance of hangar facilities and associated support equipment
- Supervising corporate aircraft department maintenance personnel
- Oversees Line Service
- Oversees Fuel Farm
- Ensuring that all test equipment is calibrated and maintained
- Ensuring compliance with all Service Bulletins (SBs) and Airworthiness Directives (ADs)
- Assist in preparation of budget
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and broaden/deepen relationships; Anticipate customers needs and propose alternative solutions when necessary
- Encourage open honest direct and ongoing conversation across a team(s)
- Actively seek and share own knowledge of industry trends competitors etc. that affect the Business Unit and/or FirstEnergy Corp.
- Champion an environment within Business Unit where self-development is encouraged
- Create an environment of accountability and a sense of urgency for meeting agreed-upon expectations/deadlines
- Execute the performance management process by providing feedback and coaching on an ongoing basis throughout the year by discussing development opportunities performance issues and changes that are occurring
- Bachelor s degree in Aviation Business Administration or related discipline preferred
- FAA Airframe and Power plant license required
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience required. Relevant work experience will include maintenance and upkeep of aircraft.
- Minimum 5 years work experience with high performance turbine aircraft required
- Formal maintenance training In Falcon 900LX aircraft preferred
- Minimum 3 years management experience preferred
- Must be able to travel as required will include international travel with passport required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word Excel PowerPoint)
- Vendor maintenance experience preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team oriented environment
- Must be able to work varied work schedules which could include weekends evenings and holidays
- Highly driven self-motivated and enthusiastic leader capable of communicating motivating and driving workforces toward positive change and improvement
- Exceptional relationship management leadership teamwork and managerial skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and the ability to lead others in achieving goals for the benefit of the business unit and FirstEnergy
- Ability to make accurate decisions; Demonstrate sound judgment
Benefits Compensation and Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation a company-sponsored pension plan 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution a choice of medical prescription drug dental vision and life insurance programs as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race religion color national origin sex sexual orientation gender identity age status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools information and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves their co-workers our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment to maintain an accident-free injury-free workplace and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
FirstEnergy Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.