Kc 46 Boom Operator Instructor Mcconnell Featured
- Mcconnell Afb, Kansas
- Job ID
Kc 46 Boom Operator Instructor Mcconnell job at FlightSafety International in Mcconnell Afb KS
Description, duties, responsibilities
Location: McConnell AFB KS McConnell AFB Kansas 67221 United States (US)
The Boom Operator Instructor is responsible for the accomplishment of all simulator-based training for U.S. Air Force and Allied Nation KC-46 Boom Operators. Duties include instructing and measuring training progress of Boom Operator students who attend established aircrew training curricula.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conduct briefings debriefings and perform counseling with Boom Operators to develop and maintain the highest level of student proficiency.
- Extract student data analyze results and prepare for student review sessions.
- Conduct training using devices such as a classroom Boom Operator Part Task Trainer (PTTB) Boom Operator Trainer (BOT) Fuselage Trainer (FuT) Weapon System Trainer (WST) Pilot Part Task Trainer (PTTP) and KC-46 aircraft.
- Conduct other ground-based training as required for Boom Operator crew members in tanker operating procedures including diagnosis and remediation of student problems.
- Serve as KC-46 Boom Operator Subject Matter Expert for students and other applicable personnel as required.
- Maintain exceptional standards of instruction knowledge levels capabilities and expertise.
- Develop and maintain exceptional knowledge of KC-46 aircraft systems and operating procedures.
- Consistently display exceptional knowledge and application of instructional principles and theories pertaining to aircrew training systems.
- Provide inputs for courseware corrections and modifications along with updates to training policies and procedures.
- Assist in other project and development work as assigned.
- Operate Student Management System.
Knowledge Skill and Ability:
- Morally and ethically influence others to successfully achieve program goals.
- Fluently read write speak and understand English.
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess the ability to interface with students and provide on-the-spot remediation or determine other courses of action as necessary.
- Possess basic knowledge of personal computers and software applications such as word processing applications spreadsheets and databases.
- Successfully accomplish an annual internal standardization evaluation.
- Currently possess or demonstrate the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
Education and Formal Training:
Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Aviation Operations Associates Degree is highly desired. Current or previously qualified Boom Operator Instructor equivalent education experience and training is required.
Experience as a qualified Air-to-Air Refueling (AAR) Boom Operator Flight Instructor or as a Tanker AAR Aircrew Training System (ATS) Boom Operator Instructor. Either position must have been held within 5 years of the date of assignment to the KC-46 ATS. Shall have logged a minimum of 200 flying hours in U.S. Air Force or Allied Nation tanker or tanker/receiver aircraft or equivalent flight simulator with at least 50% occurring in the aircraft.
FlightSafety International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin age protected veteran or disabled status. FlightSafety maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
FlightSafety is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment please email ...@flightsafety.com or call 1-855-###-####. Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case by case basis.
As a federal government contractor in accordance with applicable laws regulations and Executive Orders FlightSafety is required to develop annual Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs). Any employees or applicants who wish to review the Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities can contact us by sending an email to ...@flightsafety.com or by calling 1-855-###-#### during regular business hours.
Please click the following link to view the Company s Pay Transparency Notice.
FlightSafety International Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.